Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by willp2

The problem is they are not selling the phones and this order page is not even supposed to be available.

They changed the order status now from "order failed" to "order cancelled"
    Yep doesnt seem to work their quick today.

Date Order Number Amount Status

10/22/2003 03xxxx-899xxx $755.44 Failed Order
    Got mine (HS T-Mobile link) at the upgrade price...

Quantity Item Price Each Total
    1 Treo 600 with USB cable (without service plan) $399.00 $399.00
    Sub-Total: $399.00
    Shipping and Handling: $8.50
    Tax: $31.12
    Order Total: $438.62
    Updated Status: Cancelled
    Last edited by dspires; 10/22/2003 at 04:40 PM.
    OK, the only two links I see in this thread lead back to normal pages where the GSM isn't available. What am I missing? I'll pay if I can just get it!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dspires
    Got mine (HS T-Mobile link) at the upgrade price...

Yea, looks good eh? Hopefully yours will be the one that breaks through. My first order last week made it all the way to awaiting shipment and sat there for a couple of days before being cancelled.
    Originally posted by willp2
    Yea, looks good eh? Hopefully yours will be the one that breaks through. My first order last week made it all the way to awaiting shipment and sat there for a couple of days before being cancelled.
    At what price did you order it?
    OK, the only two links I see in this thread lead back to normal pages where the GSM isn't available. What am I missing? I'll pay if I can just get it!
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    2nd link on 9th post

2nd link on 9th post
    I suspect HS has taken it down.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

At what price did you order it?
    $399 plus tax and shipping. $445 all together with overnight shipping. Kind of a moot point now though.
    Last edited by willp2; 10/22/2003 at 05:07 PM.
    I have it in my shopping cart right now for $399. Should I order?

Those that have ordered have you had any more cancelled order statuses?
    Both those links turn up nothing but a "give us your email address so we can spam it" dialog box.
    -- Go Illini!
    Well . . . after reading the posts on this thread (against my better judgement) I used the link above and was able to place an order at the discounted price of $399. My credit card was approved and I had my fingers crossed that the order might actually slip through the system. (I guess my impatience has clouded my sense of reason.) The order was cancelled within a couple of hours. (No email or phone call from Handspring yet - perhaps they won't even bother to contact me.)

I guess I'll just have to keep pitifully checking this board evey few minutes in the vain hope that HS will release the unlocked GSM version this week. (or should I say "soon" or "in the next 2-3 weeks" or in the "late fall" or . . . ?)

I'm a shameless wreck!
    How did you know it was cancelled?
    I just received a call from Handspring.

The woman said there was a problem with my order. The system entered the SKU as the GSM model but that it is not available yet.

She asked how I had ordered and I told her I had ordered directly from the Handspring website. She asked if I had received a link from T-Mobile and I said no.

She did apologize for any confusion and assured me that the GSM version would be available "very soon. Possibly next week."

We'll see.
    Status of my order on HS website changed from "Credit Card Approved" to "Cancelled".
    Obviously the link was prepared in advance of the GSM release (TMO) and is not supposed to be "visible" yet.
    Originally posted by mikegold
    SNIP!

She did apologize for any confusion and assured me that the GSM version would be available "very soon. Possibly next week."

We'll see.
    I'm worrying about getting my hopes up again.
    Sounds encouraging though.
  18. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I tried also but they just cancelled my order today....oh well
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12