Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just received my TREO 600, and only one thing seems odd.

The screen display (image) appears slightly off center to the left. So that there is a narrow black band on the right.

In other words, while I can see the entire display, it is not centered horizontally on the LCD diplay screen

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is this a hardware problem, or software? Or a defective unit?

Thanks for anyone's input

Kive
  2. OJM
    Any theories/solutions?
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Whack the right edge of it good on a table or something to try to jar the display back to the middle.

Jes' kiddin! Sounds defective.
    This has been discussed many times. It is designed this way (has something to do with the backlight I believe).

ALL T600's are this way.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    That's a relief. I thought my unit was defective or something. Still seems kind of odd though.
    if you look at the screen sideways you can see that all the backlighting originates from the right-hand side. I suppose it's something to do with that...???
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies ..... well if it is "normal" it's a little disappointing ..... never had a PDA in the past with an off center screen image .... seems a shame

I think I figured out why the screen is of centered. if you hold the treo in your left hand and hold the stylus in your right hand next to the treo. the stylus when rested at a relax angle the point of the stylus starts right at the start of the screen on the right. I hope I made sense tryng to explain this. I also posted this using my treo!
    if you hold the treo in your left hand and hold the stylus in your right hand next to the treo
    hhmmm...too bad Im left-handed.
    What we really need is a store in every mall that sells items for the left-handed amongst us.....some kind of "Left-orium" if you will...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!