Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have my 600 a few days and the latest version of Big Clock does indeed cause the T600 to crash. For some reason and earlier version of Big Clock appears to work fine and does not crash. I have attached the PRC file which I got from someone else's post.

This should work on your 600 as well and let us know if it does (or doesn't).
    I can't get bigclock to wake up the phone. The alarm goes off, but it won't beep or display until I power on the phone. Any suggestiongs?
    I tried loading you .prc and when the alarm went off big clock would turn on screen but would not make any noise until I pushed in the center button to release the keygaurd.

This sucks because Big Clock has been my alarm clock for many years.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    when the alarm went off big clock would turn on screen but would not make any noise until I pushed in the center button to release the keygaurd.
    Exactly the same scenario with WorldMate PRo...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Multiclock is working fine on Treo 600 (no problems with sounds & alarms).
    Same situation with KeyDates (part of the KeySuite package). Treo wakes up but no sounds when the alarm goes off. Really annoying...
    I am still using the v2.8 BigClock that I put on my Visor 4 years ago, and this seems to work perfectly on the 600, even to the extent of the d-pad doing useful stuff.
    nope just resets my treo600, with out even setting an alarm.

I'm begining to think Orange have done something strange to the UK treo 600
    Originally posted by ldormon
    nope just resets my treo600, with out even setting an alarm.

I'm begining to think Orange have done something strange to the UK treo 600
    Just tried Multiclock on my Orange France 600 and it is working great. No problems at all with keyguard or resets. Interesting enough, I have to press Keyguard before I can press the button to end the alarm.
  10.    #10  
    If you disabled key guard, big clock 8.1 will wake up and sound the alarm. If you do not disable keyguard, version 8.1 will not work.

With Keyguard disabled, the alarm sounds and you cannot shut the sound off. The alarm sound shuts off automatically after the amount of rings you designate on the alarm passes.

Update for 600 is needed, but this works until another free version is out. Let us know if it works for you.

Does anyone else have a free alarm clock that works on 600?? If so, post it or give us the URL.

Thanks
    One more problem with Multiclock is that you have to always have system sound on. I don't know about you guys but it get's really annoying when I get clicks and beeps every time I press a button.

But what's wrong with using calendar? It is already there for your usage and free.
    Originally posted by deesugar
    But what's wrong with using calendar? It is already there for your usage and free.
    Fantastic! This is why I like this board so much. A solution staring me in the face but it took the board to enlighten me. Thanks.

By the way, calendar alarms work with keygaurd on and off and use the system sound which I prefer over Big Clock's setting. Even if you accidently leave the phone on silent, the phone will still vibrate, if you have vibrate on, and might might still wake you.
    By the way, you can still get this version of Big Clock to cause a soft reset by pressing the 2 button up top, which I believe is another display option for the time page.

I would actually prefer if the time showed up a bit higher up on the screen so it was not actually blocked by the keyguard. Is there any way around this with v. 8.1, as I don't think you are able to change the display orientation as I noted above.
    Originally posted by deesugar
    One more problem with Multiclock is that you have to always have system sound on. I don't know about you guys but it get's really annoying when I get clicks and beeps every time I press a button.

Another problem with MultiClock is that there doesn't appear to be a way to turn the alarm off. I just tried it and with the keyguard on and no button seemed to work... Finally had to do a soft reset to get the d**n thing to shut up.

Calendar might work, but I also like to have a countdown timer function for parking meters, quick naps, etc.

Hopefully BigClock will be updated soon.
    Originally posted by libmanj
    I would actually prefer if the time showed up a bit higher up on the screen so it was not actually blocked by the keyguard. Is there any way around this with v. 8.1, as I don't think you are able to change the display orientation as I noted above.
    Keep the clock on World Timer with the top time set to your time zone. Only the bottom one will be covered up by keyguard.
    Originally posted by COBoarder

Keep the clock on World Timer with the top time set to your time zone. Only the bottom one will be covered up by keyguard.
    Nice fix. Thanks!
    Originally posted by libmanj
    You can change the layout so that the time is at the top and the calendar (or anything else you want) is at the bottom.

just go to Menu -> Options -> layout.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
  18.    #18  
    Is Deesugar saying that you could use the built in palm calendar as an alarm clock?? If so, how do you do this???

mlrubinstein
    As I've said elsewhere Bob's Alarm currently works the best with Treo 600.

Pros

Wakes up Treo 600, even with Keyguard etc.

Cons

No snooze (requires you to tap screen which is "guarded") But you can set 2nd alarm for 5 minutes later.

Function called "Manage Events" crashes.

Soft-reset required after install to get sound to, well sound.

Bob appears to be proactive in improving the app. Hopefully more complete Treo 600 support is in the near future

Oh the joys of the bleeding edge
    Try Bugme - seems to work fine.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast