Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've tried BigClock, Clockpro, Bob's Alarm, EZ-clock, & EZ-clock2 and they all have one thing in common for me: The alarm won't sound!!! They turn my Treo on and say things like "alarm!" but no sound comes out. Under the application "preferences", in the sound category, I have Sound Mode On and the Alert volume all the way up to 7. Under the general category, I have System Sound set to high. I can hear sound in my games, and my calendar's alarm does sound when an appointment comes up. Why the hell won't my alarm programs work? In BigClock V2.8, there is an option to "ignore system alarm sound off". I've tried this, but that doesn't work either. At this point, I'm thinking there's a bug in my Treo. There's no way that all of these alarm programs have the same bug in them, so it must be something in the Treo itself. Oh, and one more fact: the alarms don't sound even when I choose the "test" option on the alarm tones page. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

p.s. I've pretty much tried every alarm program from palmgearhq.com, and Bob's Alarm Clock is my favorite (besides the fact that it makes no sound for me)
    A soft-reset should turn the sounds on for Bob's Alarm.

Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_Software/

Bob is up to beta v1.71.

v1.71 addressed the following
    • Reset may no longer be required to turn sounds on.
      First go at 5-way support.

Snooze doesn't work as you must tap the screen and it's locked by keyguard.

I've been using Bob's alarm for almost a week, beginning with v1.67. I've had sound on all, it wakes up the T600 except for screen taps.
    Dgoodisi, you're a freakin genius! I never thought to do a soft reset. Bob's alarm works now. Thanks for your help!!!
    Does anyone know of any clocks/calendars/launchers, etc. that will wake up when I tell it to and launch any app I specify e.g. ptunes. Seems like an obvious thing to do and a great way to distinguish your clock from the other dozen clocks out on the market ...
    How do you get the alarm sound loud enough to wake you if you set it up on the Calendar app?

Have you tried the Dibblebug alarm?
    please let me know how to set up calendar as alarm clock.
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    please let me know how to set up calendar as alarm clock.
    Create a new appointment in your calendar with a start time at which you want the alarm to go off. Then click details, check Alarm, and set it to 0 minutes.
    worldmate works fine if the keyguard is off. there are numerous alarm apps that do not work with the much needed keyguard activated.
    Look no further. Bob's Alarm is the best. Works with keyguard on.
  10.    #30  
    Ignore my previous posting on this topic.
    Big Clock does crash the Treo 600, sometimes.
    I tried Bob's alarm (unregistered version from Palm gear) and it works fine after soft reset. Alternatively, as mentioned above, you can set an alarm from your appointments, but Bob's alarm is easier.

Best of Luck and sorry for the confusion. I was trying to help. I loved BIg Clock and used it when I traveled as my alarm clock.
    I still need to figure out an alarm where I DON'T have to disable keyguard (as I do with my BigClock) What is the alarm of Bob's?
    Has anyone tried MegaClock? (by MegaSoft 2000). They have a bunch of programs, their clock program looks pretty cool but I don't have a treo 600 yet to test it out on... anybody wanna give it a go and post here? Just so that we've heard opinions on various different programs.

http://www.megasoft2000.com/palm_division/megaclock.htm
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    Has anyone tried MegaClock? (by MegaSoft 2000). They have a bunch of programs, their clock program looks pretty cool but I don't have a treo 600 yet to test it out on... anybody wanna give it a go and post here? Just so that we've heard opinions on various different programs.

http://www.megasoft2000.com/palm_division/megaclock.htm
    I just downloaded MegaClock on my treo600 and it works great. It's the only clock software I've tried that uses internal .mid tones of the treo. GREAT!
    It's the more sofisticated too and unhappily the most expensive...
    Originally posted by deesugar

But what's wrong with using calendar? It is already there for your usage and free.
    calander is the best alarm available because it works ,it's free and has a wide variety of sounds available.it works with the keyguard on as well. it's easy and there's no fiddling around. also, it means one less app.

no doubt at this stage half the battle in keeping the treo 600 problem free is in carefully managing the apps. you put on the device.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/18/2003 at 01:10 AM.
    Okay, all I use big clock for is the stop watch (in reverse). When I do the laundry (live in an apt building), I know when It is done.

If big clock can't do this on the 600, what other alternative do I have? Any of the free? All i need is a stop watch.

BTW, the developer does not answer his emails about os5 capabilities.

Now directly related, but does anyone have an altanative to clock pop hack? my treo 270 is my watch.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    There is an OS5 version for clockpop that I have on my T600--don't remember where I got it, though. The only difference I notice with clockpop on the 600 is that if the Treo is off when you press and hold the designated hard button, it will not wake up momentarily and flash the time, then go off. You have to first turn it on, then hold the button. Not a big deal, but I liked how it worked previously.

As for Big Clock, I have the 1.8 version and it works for the most part. The only bug I've found is that I get a crash if I press the Alarm 2 button (the one that is at the top of the screen when you are on the alarm page. Otherwise, it works great (note that I don't use the keygard, so that is not an issue, although I have the Disable buttons program installed if I need such a feature)

Hope this info helps.
    Surpised that no has mentioned Clock+. All internal and SD ringtones show up in alarm sounds. Up and down work on the 5-way, but not left and right, but the up and down navigate progressively left and right. Good looking, change colors, etc.

http://www.bitwareoz.com/clock.htm
    For this price I prefer MegaClock !
    I just tried MegaClock (v1.9) and it suffers the same problem as most of the other clock programs - alarms don't sound if the keyguard is on.

Also note that for the Treo 600 you should install the LR (low res) version NOT the OS5 version (which won't run).
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Originally posted by JTREOB

calander is the best alarm available because it works ,it's free and has a wide variety of sounds available.it works with the keyguard on as well. it's easy and there's no fiddling around. also, it means one less app.

no doubt at this stage half the battle in keeping the treo 600 problem free is in carefully managing the apps. you put on the device.
    I also agree. I use a floating appointment in calander to wake me up in the morning. I have all of the benefits of the poly alarm sounds and the floating alarm moves to the next day at midnight. When I don't want it to wake me on the weekend, I simply move the appointment to Monday. Simple and cheap solution!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast