1.    #1  
    This must be simple, but anyway... when I'm finished using the browser in the Treo 600, how do I disconnect from the web. I'm assuming they don't expect you to turn the phone (or Wireless, as they're calling it) off.

My old browser in a Kyocera 6035 had a command for "disconnect." This one doesn't.

Dan
    Why do you want to disconnect? It does not cost you anything and the phone will be available seconds after you leave Blazer?

Anyhow, you can do it in Prefs | Network. Just tap Disconnect.
    I was just getting ready to post this same question. Surely Sprint doesn't intend all us Treo 600 users to keep the connection active at all times, do they? Until someone figures this out for me, I changed the right button on the 5-way to preferences so I could go to network quickly to disconnect. There has got to be an easier way.
    Originally posted by aroth
    I was just getting ready to post this same question. Surely Sprint doesn't intend all us Treo 600 users to keep the connection active at all times, do they?
    Why not? I presume you leave your voice connection on all the time...
    If your paying per mb downloaded and you wander onto a massive site, you certainly might well want to disconnect.

Always on is great if your not downloading anything!
    Just a reminder......Only when the little arrows are GREEN is there any data exchange. SO when they are grey...your 600 is just like any other cell phone....voice only!!! However, after my Snappermail "fetches" the lastest emails, I have it set to disconnect the data side of the phone.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  7.    #7  
    The first good question was why? I pondered that for a few days.

Anyway, it seems the t600 is smarter than I am -- disconnects itself from the web most times, restoring phone functionality.

And Snappermail does indeed have a setting to disconnect and it works.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Why do you want to disconnect? It does not cost you anything and the phone will be available seconds after you leave Blazer?

Anyhow, you can do it in Prefs | Network. Just tap Disconnect.
    Here's why: There are times that the Vision is connected but not functioning. You have the grey arrows but no data is flowing. Blazer will sit and spin forever.

Having to leave Blazer go to prefs and disconnect is a pain in the arse in comparison to the method available in the previous version of Blazer.

I have resorted to staying in Blazer and cycling the phone off and back on. It probably is just as slow though.
    Just read on another thread about creating a 'preferences' application shortcut in 'favorites' and assigning a quick key to disconnect, works like a charm! Pg. 51 in the owners manual.
    If you've updated your firmware on your phone, Blazer has an option to Connect/Disconnect under Options
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    How do I upgrade my firmware?
    I updated my version to 1.2 using sprint and I do not see the disconnect. Who is your carrier?
    There's something you have installed that is causing this not to show.

I have updated, and I have seen the connect and disconnect options.
    However, I have installed quite a few apps over time since the update, and now the options are not there in Blazer.

I have VERIFIED this by hard resetting, and the option comes back.
    I have noticed that as soon as I restore my handheld, the options disappear.

I VERIFIED again, and found when I delete Saved Preferences file (and also Unsaved Preferences file) by using FILEZ, the option reappears.

But as soon as I cycle thru my list of installed programs to run them at least once, the option disappears again.

So now my task is to find the program that is causing this...
    dcurrie:

If you are looking for a utility that allows you to control your network connection on the T600, here is a great little porgram that works excellent. Hope this helps. It just sits in back ground, and does exactly what you want.

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...ager_1.1&cid=3
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User