1.    #1  
    Okay, when I had my Kyocera 6035 all I had to do was hit the talk button and I got the built in voice dialing on my headset.

I then switched to the Treo 300 which doesn't have built-in voice dialing so I purchased the option at $5month from Sprint (because they believe in charging extra for safety). With Treo Helper installed (great program) all I had to do was hit the power button on the top of the phone to wake it and then hit my headset button to dial * to get to Sprint. Or, I could press the jog dial in to do the same thing.

Both of these were fairly easy to do while keeping your eyes on the road.

Now, the Treo 600

1. Press the power button to light the screen
    2. Press the center button real quick to disable key guard or it'll power down
    3. press for favorites
    4. Press the preset Voice button

or

dial * and Talk

The headset button on my Jabra headset no longer works for handing up (although the Treo headset that came with the phone does) and, Treo Helper is not compat yet because the call for the headset button is not documented.

So...

Anyone got any suggestions?
    I guess I could disable keyguard before I get in the car all the time and after I get out ... but that's a real pain.

With all of the concerns over phone usage in cars manufacturers should be spending a little more time making handsfree dialing easy rather than more difficult...but maybe I'm missing something...let me know.

Disappointed in Delray,
    ...ken
  2.    #2  
    Okay, I just realized the T600 is a standard headphone jack (two bands 2.5mm) as opposed to the Nokia compat jacks that were required for the T300. That solves the not being able to hangup problem with the headset button, but unfortunately not the others more serious handsfree deficiencies.

...ken
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Okay, I just realized the T600 is a standard headphone jack (two bands 2.5mm) as opposed to the Nokia compat jacks that were required for the T300. That solves the not being able to hangup problem with the headset button, but unfortunately not the others more serious handsfree deficiencies.

...ken
    Are you saying you have a solution to the Hangup problem. My Jabra works well but it will not pickup calls, it will hangup calls. According to one of there techs thats just how it is. If there is a way to use the handset button to answer/hangup calls I'de love to know.
    thanks
  4.    #4  
    The solution is to use a headset that has two black bands on it rather than 3 like the Treo 300 and some Nokia phones use.

The headset that comes with the T600 allows me to answer and hangup the phone.

...ken
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    The solution is to use a headset that has two black bands on it rather than 3 like the Treo 300 and some Nokia phones use.

The headset that comes with the T600 allows me to answer and hangup the phone.

...ken
    That's strange I have 2 black bands on my unit.(got it from Jabra direct) It will not answer calls. When you answer it immedately says hanging up on the phone. Do you have a different model or a application on the phone that makes it work? They only have one option for the Treo 600.

thanks
  6.    #6  
    Just tried it again to make sure and the button on the headset that comes with the 600 both answers and hangs up on calls.

I'm not running any software that I know that would affect that functionality.

Ken