Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OK...so let's recap. From all the posts in this thread, it looks like Sprint Advertised something it couldnt deliver yet, in order to try and compete with Blackberry, and we're all just waiting for them to release a client version that actually DOES push messages properly and in a timely manner.... is that it in a nutshell ??

Does anyone have ANY idea when this newer client version might be forthcoming ?? and are there any other known workarounds for the push problem at this time ??
    Aylward -- as others have noted, this feature worked fine before. So it's not like Sprint tried advertising a new feature & then didn't deliver. There's obviously a problem with how it works with the new release. I wish we all would hear when it was going to be fixed. But labeling Sprint as false advertisers is going a bit far, I think...
    ok...I can understand that... must've skimmed over some of them... and being new to this arena, I wasn't aware of what it did and didnt do before...

Can i ask how recently it WAS working the way it should ??
    The push email has worked fine for the past year. The huge latency problem only surfaced after the "upgrade."
    OH MY GOODNESS!

A BC SMS alert actually came through quickly for the first time every! I got a message a minute after the email hit my inbox. I'm stoked. Since the upgrade, messages would arrive about 7-10 hours after the first email, if it came at all. I called sprint a few days ago about this problem and they confirmed it was a problem on their network. Hope they fixed it!
    chuhi- Read your post and immediately turned the SMS alerts back on. Alerts were awesome all weekend. But here it is Monday and long delays are back. Are you seeing the same thing???
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    this is really getting on my last nerve. I travel sometimes for work and it's ticking me off not getting the email notifications. I wish Sprint would have waited a bit longer to make everyone upgrade. Actaully if they would have just left things as they were I would be a happy camper.
  8. -p-
    I gave up.

I installed snapper mail and set my chris@mobile.domain.com address to forward to MIN@messaging.sprintpcs.com and also deliver to a pop3 box.

So far, 10 second notifcations and a hell of a lot better client to use.
    I'm just waiting for the ALERT to work when you have other apps open not just BizCOnn...

THis is a major issue.... I neve rknow when I get stuff in.

Its been a few weeks.. how long does it take to fix this! I mean we are talking about little dings here!!! That DO work, but only when BizCOnn is open.

They overlooked this when they qdded background syncing.

I hope they fix soon.

Mike
    Does anyone know the true status from Sprint on this?
    For those of you who want emails "pushed" to your device, check the following:

1. On the Palm client under Sync Preferences make sure Push messages to my device is checked.

I'll assume most people have already done this. The next steps are equally important:

2. Next, login to bc.sprintpcs.com and click on settings and then click Edit next to devices (it's right above Quick Repsonses).

3. You should see your device listed on the next screen. Make sure the checkbox labled Receive alerts on this device? is CHECKED.

If it is not checked I believe this *might* be your problem. This checkbox appears to be independent of the Alerts options listed on the main screen of the settings menu. Going into this menu controls whether or not 1 way text message notifications should be sent when a new email is received and what conditions should cause them to be sent.

Your mileage may vary... but it worked for me
    Thanks for the info. actually, as for myself, I am getting the pushed email just fine. The problem is in the alert for that push. If you want bc to alert you you must have the client open. SMS alerts, which worked fine for the previous version of bc, now takes hours to alert you that you have and email.

That is my problem at least.
  13. -p-
    Originally posted by dmiller444
    Thanks for the info. actually, as for myself, I am getting the pushed email just fine. The problem is in the alert for that push. If you want bc to alert you you must have the client open. SMS alerts, which worked fine for the previous version of bc, now takes hours to alert you that you have and email.

That is my problem at least.

Mine too which is why i changed to something that works.
    Originally posted by dmiller444
    chuhi- Read your post and immediately turned the SMS alerts back on. Alerts were awesome all weekend. But here it is Monday and long delays are back. Are you seeing the same thing???
    Darn. False alarm. My alerts worked great over the weekend. Now I'm back to receiving them about 4-8 hours late, if at all.
    Originally posted by lakeside
    Aylward -- as others have noted, this feature worked fine before. So it's not like Sprint tried advertising a new feature & then didn't deliver. There's obviously a problem with how it works with the new release. I wish we all would hear when it was going to be fixed. But labeling Sprint as false advertisers is going a bit far, I think...
    Do you work for Sprint?

They advertise and sell (charge $ for!) a product/service that does not do what they advertise that it does. AKA - FALSE ADVERTISING. Sprint should charge for or offer a service that does not work! Same say it does work, some say it doesn't. Until the majority says that it does - IT DOESN'T.

I've DUMPED SPRINT and have gone happily to GSM service. Suggest others do so as well for better, honest, and knowledgable service. No 'work arounds' reguired.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Good new everyone. They did a major update to the system and they think thye have fixed the problem. I recieved a call from a very helpful tech person this morning and I am not getting my alerts pretty quickly. Sometimes they are within a minute and sometimes 20 minutes. Either way I am getting the SMS alerts a hell of a lot faster now. Those who were having problems before should test it out now.
    Yep.. the last 5-6 days SMS Alerts have been 1-2 minutes generally which is an improvement for sure.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123