Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jettero -

1. Do you have a 600 or 300? I'll assume a 600 given the Forum name.

2. Push's this evening are happening every 5-10 minutes.

3. Are you leaving the BC app on your device in the foreground when you are testing... it might be that the app has abug receiving them when it is in the background.

4. To check it out send an email to yourself...leave the app in the foreground if possible and wait up to 30 minutes...if this still does not work then proceed to step 5.

5. I have a theory that the 600 may get a few push's and then ignore them after a certain point. Just a theory but to test this do a soft reset and try step 4 again... you amy find a push happens right away... if nothing happens then it'sback to the idea board!
    grim02 - Here are some answers to your questions....

OK, I guess I wasn't clear enough with my question. I am not asking about any audible or vibrating alerts regarding the email. I understand that this is currently not working if you don't have the BC client running on your Treo.

Answer - True.

My question is - do you have to have the SMS alerts set on the BC website in order to get "pushed" email? I know that an SMS is sent to your device, created a triggered pull of sorts, and that this should happen relatively quickly, but are all of those alerts that you set on the website independent of the "push" setting on the Treo 600 device itself? Will the push feature still work if I go on the website and turn off all the alerts, but then make sure my 600 says "Push all email to my device"?

Answer - True - these are independent. And yes it will work if you turn them off on the web site. Those alerts are pure SMS alerts independent of the BC client app and are supposed to send a general SMS message so it can tell you about mail accordin to those settings. It is a bit confusing and I think that feature may be broken right now.

I ask because my SMS messages are still taking hours, and they don't seem to always coincide with a sync by my device, and it surely doesn't happen ~10 minutes. Maybe the update will help...thanks all.

I noticed a big perfomance increase for SMS messages this eveining... so it ~appears things are improving as mine were coming in at 3-5 minutes late this evening.
    Thanks for the help, MG. I have a Treo 600.

I did a soft reset yesterday evening and then tried leaving BC in the foreground on the Treo this morning -- and just got my first push. This is definitely progress! I'm hoping, though, that I won't have to leave BC in the foreground all the time. Has anyone else found this to be necessary?
    A further question -- and I'm sorry to bring up covered topics, but I couldn't find the answer an old thread: Will BC push mail that I've already opened on my desktop? In other words, if I have BC running while I'm at my desk at work and opening mail as it comes in, will the trigged pulls happen all day?

Doesn't seem to, but could just be the push isn't working again...
    MobileGhost - thanks so much for your answers. Much clearer now. So, push may only work if BC is in the foreground....not good. Hopefully it is just because the palm client isn't optimized yet. Sounds like the same problem with the new mail notifications - BC must be in the foreground. Otherwise, I do like the client - hope they fix soon. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by grim02
    MobileGhost - thanks so much for your answers. Much clearer now. So, push may only work if BC is in the foreground....not good. Hopefully it is just because the palm client isn't optimized yet. Sounds like the same problem with the new mail notifications - BC must be in the foreground. Otherwise, I do like the client - hope they fix soon. Thanks again.
    My PUSH works if BC is in the foreground or not running.

Just the alerts do not happen unless BC is running in foreground.

The other Treos are the same... they can be in any app.. but the 300 DOES get alerts I believe.

The new client IS optimized for the 600.. lets you use the 5 way navigation great.
    Jettero wrote:
    A further question....Will BC push mail that I've already opened on my desktop? In other words, if I have BC running while I'm at my desk at work and opening mail as it comes in, will the trigged pulls happen all day?
    Yes, BizConn will still push those messages. It pushes anything new that hits the server, whether you've already viewed it or not on your PC. I guess when the Push issue (latency) gets worked out, this should be obvious!
    And for those that have not discovered you can hold down the email button and will perform a manual sync. This works good when you get bored in a meeting and don't want to make it obvious you are not paying attention by pulling out a stylus. :-)
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I am still not getting a sms message saying I have a new email when running BC. Well I am getting them but they are coming in 4 - 5 hours after the email hits my inbox. After a week of dealing with of calling them they are telling me just to deal with it and eventually Sprint will get it fixed. I'm not too happy.
    Originally posted by hall316
    I am still not getting a sms message saying I have a new email when running BC. Well I am getting them but they are coming in 4 - 5 hours after the email hits my inbox. After a week of dealing with of calling them they are telling me just to deal with it and eventually Sprint will get it fixed. I'm not too happy.
    I'm in the same boat. I get my sms notification about 6-7 hours late, if at all.

I don't even get push messages anymore like I used to.
    Push is UP AND DOWN.

It was down thios morning.. then up

Let's hopwe Sprint get its act together soon.

But WHEN will they have a new client that DFIXES the problems with the notifications for new push mail that currently only happens if the BC application is opened!

Still waiting aftr a week.. this IS important

useless product if you do not know mail is coming.
    BC is NOT ready. The fact that Sprint is charging for it is begging for customer class action lawsuits. Giving up on BC and waiting for GSM T600. Sprint can't even do SMS proper!! How back *** is that??? They need to go back to school or stick with landline. They are simply not what they say or sell.

SPRINT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    They must have heard you... Push is happening in 3-6 minutes all of a sudden. I haven't tested pure alerts though as I have that turned off.
    Alerts for new email (Not the Ones you set on the web that send SMS when you get email, the ones that just bing when you get email) can not be fixed without an updated client since that is what is causing the problem where it only Dings when the applicaitoon is in the foreground.

So we continue to wait... for the nest one after xxxxx.257.

Mike
    I'm thinking that push is not working at all most of the time and will not work until Sprint roles out their new SMS system (vs. shortmail). I know Sprint has been testing their SMS system on & off which would explain why some of us see it working for a period of time and then not at all. If you are receiving emails outside of that I'm thinking it's probably based on your sync settings not the result of a push mail. Anyone think this is possible?
    Push emails... (triggered pull's) are triggered via an SMS sent to the device. Actually today was an unusally good day as my push's came in all day and continue to do so tonight ranging from 1 minute to about 15.
    Originally posted by MobileGhost
    Push emails... (triggered pull's) are triggered via an SMS sent to the device. Actually today was an unusally good day as my push's came in all day and continue to do so tonight ranging from 1 minute to about 15.
    True, but what SMS? Is it the shortmail notification? That cannot be the case because all of those notifications look the same. As far as I know Sprint does not have SMS in place yet so I don't see how this can occur. I'm still wondering if the behavior you found today was more testing of the new SMS system. I didn't get any emails pushed to me today.
    Cory -

Can you clarify what you meant by the "notifications look the same"? My guess is you are referring to //SV... messages? If so these are part of BC.

If you are seeing //SV messages I assume you are you seeing these in the SMS app?

What device do you have?
    MobileGhost -

I am using a Treo 600.

The message I'm referring to is the one you always receive whenever someone sends you an SMS:

shortmail@oneboxmail.bulk.sprint: Short Mail: New Short Mail. Select "Go" to read it... blah blah blah...

I actually don't see these messages anymore because I am using Treo600SMS.

I'm not familiar with //SV messages?

Thanks
    No, you don't have to have SMS selected on the BC website.

The PUSH used to be a lot better before this update. It kind of seems like their SMS servers are getting really back up becuase Sometimes late in the day I will get 4 or 5 syncs right in a row. I think they ones that I was supposed to get during the day but didn't because things are running way behind.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast