Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchase the Jabra Wireless headset for my new treo 600. With the 600, you dont need to purchase the Nokia Version - the regular Jabra for Non Bluetooth phones works great. This thing is awesome and just wanted to share that it works perfectly!
    hi
    where did u get it from and how much did it cost you? which specific model is this? does it do voicedial?
    I also purchased one the other day. It works very well, but I will have to wait a few weeks before I can disclose to my wife that I spent an additional 140.00 on my 600. Oh well, Viva la Treo!
  4.    #5  
    $101.50 plus shipping from a outfit on Ebay. Here is a link to the sellers items. It arrived brand new - everything as promised!

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=6253282&ssPageName=L2
    site says not compatable with treo devices. wrong size jack??
  6.    #7  
    It wont work with the Treo 300 which needed the Nokia style 3mm headset plugs. With the Treo 600, they went back to the more standardized 2.5mm plug. It works perfectly - I just dont think the people selling these are "up to date" with the new 600 in mind.
    Here's one of his auctions that will work for the Treo 600
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15040

The one that says not compatible with the Treo is compatible with the Treo 600. The 300 uses the same 4 conductor plug as the Nokia. The 600 uses the standard 3 conductor plug.
    I have a new Jabra for my Treo 600. When a call comes in and I press the button to answer the phone, it answers and then promptly hangs up. If I have the headset on when someone calls, and I answer the call as normal then it works fine... even hans up when I press the button upon completion of my conversation.

The headset performs great on my Motorola and Sanyo phones, so I am certain that it is not the unit.... any hints from those who have it working?
    cool. now another question: I have a jabra freespeak headset for bt phone (old t68 which I don't use anymore, obviously). is there a part I could buy to enable my 600 to work with that earpiece, or do I have to by the whole enchilada?
    Gotta buy the whole enchilada since the 600 is not blue tooth.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    sheesh! gonna make me fat AND poor!
    what does the adapter/attachment for the phone look like?
    This headset (and other BT headsets) is the single best reason for Handspring to have integrated BT into the Treo 600, but they didn't. They could have made a Bluetooth SDIO card but they haven't and it's anyones guess if they will.

I own the Jabra headset; the Nokia version, which I used for a few weeks with my Treo 270. Eventually I stopped using it because the two just didn't work that great together and the BT adapter is somewhat bulky. I kept the unit rather than selling it on ebay in hopes that I could abandon the adapter for a Treo that had Bluetooth integrated or on a SDIO card. I suspect I can buy the non-Nokia adapter from Jabra to use it with the Treo 600 but I'll probably get tired of it just as I did before.

You can see the adapter here: http://www.jabra.com/products/FreeSp...nBluetooth.htm

I'd venture to guess that most of the Treo community are early adopters and would trade the camera for Bluetooth. I'm sure the camera is cool but I have a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and frankly if I'm gonna bother taking pictures I'm going to want to use a high quality digital.

Michael
    Originally posted by dudemasicus
    I have a new Jabra for my Treo 600. When a call comes in and I press the button to answer the phone, it answers and then promptly hangs up. If I have the headset on when someone calls, and I answer the call as normal then it works fine... even hans up when I press the button upon completion of my conversation.

The headset performs great on my Motorola and Sanyo phones, so I am certain that it is not the unit.... any hints from those who have it working?
    Having the same problem! Has anyone gotton the Jabra to answer calls? It hangs up great.
    thanks
    Originally posted by tarkwolf

Having the same problem! Has anyone gotton the Jabra to answer calls? It hangs up great.
    thanks
    No. Stopped using it.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Have you programmed the headset for answer/end functionality ? It comes from the factory with this feature disabled. I forget the sequence, but if you go to the jabra site and do a search, there's documentation for turning this on. Without enabling this, I suspect the press of the button is actually turning off the headset (as it is supposed to).
    Here is a link to the Jabra FAQ for the answer/end setting:

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    Since we dont have direct bluetooth for this,

when you are using this headset, does it look as "clean" as a person with direct bluetooth, like a soney erricson phone

the set up goes like this right:
    treo600 + bluetooth adapter pluged into headset jack....wireless earbud & mic go on you

your comments
    My Sanyo 5300 had a setting on it to allow the answer end button on the Jabra to work. However, the Treo 600 doesn't possess this setting (known as Turbo Button). I still use my Jabra handset however. You have to disable the Answer End Emulation. When your phone rings, you reach up, hit the button on the headset....you then may hit the button on the phone that answers the call. When you're done talking, end the call on the phone, then turn off your headset. Agreed it's alot more steps but until PalmOne coughs up a bluetooth card that works with Palm OS 5, it's going to have to do.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast