Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well the adapter is pretty bulky and unless you devise some creative way to mount it; it just hangs off the phone from the coil cord. The adapter does have a detachable clip that you could clip onto a Treo 600 case. The problem with this on the Treo 270 with the HS Action Pack case was that you always needed to remove the Treo from the case when you need to use the phone so then you'd have this mess with the case and the adapter hanging off the phone while you are trying to hold the phone and talk.

Some pics are posted so you can see for yourself...
    Pic 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    All very good and valid points. However, I had hoped someone would know the answer to why the phone always hangs up. I have the answer/end feature enabled. I used the Nokia version w/my t300, but with the t600 my phone also answers, then one second later hangs up. It's too late in the evening to call Jabra and I have a LOOOOOOOOOng drive tonight, so I really would be grateful if someone knows the fix for this problem.
    P.S. Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Has anyone tried this ? I just ordered it with my reduced-price T600 from the folks at TREO600.NET, has anyone used them yet ?
    Originally posted by treoyoda
    Has anyone tried this ? I just ordered it with my reduced-price T600 from the folks at TREO600.NET, has anyone used them yet ?
    Are you sure you got a *bluetooth* SD card? It's my understanding that there aren't any available yet that are compatible with OS 5.

If it is, please post the info... there are a lot of people here who would be interested.
    OK, I bought my Jabra BT headset last Dec. from:

http://alphanet.zoovy.com/category/b...toothheadsets/

I had the Samsung I300, which just uses the model with the 2.5mm plug. NOT the NOKIA version that which you needed for the Treo 300/270/180's.

I plugged it into my new T600, and everything works great! The problem all of you (who are getting the hang-ups) have is that you bought the Nokia version for your older T300/270/180's. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on what Nokia compatible stuff you bought in the past - HS eliminated this bizzare, propriatary jack from the new T600. So normal 2.5mm headsets, and the wireless BT one here work great:
    http://alphanet.zoovy.com/product/JABRAFREESPEAK25

for $114 with a free car charger, as well as the standard wall charger, you can't beat it. And, if/when we can get a BT SIDO card, we can drop the piece that needs to plug into the phone.

NorCalAl
    Originally posted by NorCalAl
    OK, I bought my Jabra BT headset last Dec. from:

http://alphanet.zoovy.com/category/b...toothheadsets/

I had the Samsung I300, which just uses the model with the 2.5mm plug. NOT the NOKIA version that which you needed for the Treo 300/270/180's.

I plugged it into my new T600, and everything works great! The problem all of you (who are getting the hang-ups) have is that you bought the Nokia version for your older T300/270/180's. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on what Nokia compatible stuff you bought in the past - HS eliminated this bizzare, propriatary jack from the new T600. So normal 2.5mm headsets, and the wireless BT one here work great:
    http://alphanet.zoovy.com/product/JABRAFREESPEAK25

for $114 with a free car charger, as well as the standard wall charger, you can't beat it. And, if/when we can get a BT SIDO card, we can drop the piece that needs to plug into the phone.

NorCalAl
    Are you saying that you have the " Answer/End Emulation" button working on your Treo 600??? If so please explain what model you have?? According ot Jabra the model for the T600 will not work with the handset button. The verison for the Treo 600 should have 2 black rings. please let us know.

Brian
    Ok, I'll try this one more time. I DO NOT have the Nokia version. I HAD the Nokia version for my t300 but swapped it out for the standard one when I got my t600. In answer/end mode the headset answers the call, then immediately hangs up. In regular mode the headset works fine, but I REALLY want to make it work in answer/end mode. I've emailed both Handspring and Jabra, but no response so far. Those of you that have the Standard Version, does this feature work? That's really what I'd like to know. Thanks.
    It'll be fun.
    Answer/End does work on the Treo 600 you can do it with the headset they provide.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I just received a new kind of wireless headset last week. I'm currently using it on a Samsung i700 but I have a Treo 600 on order. I'm pretty sure the 2.5mm plug is the same. Anyway, I had used a Jabra Freespeak but I found the sound to be "tinny". The new headset is a foneGear. The design is the same as the Jabra for non-bluetooth phones. Instead of radio waves, it uses magnetic induction. The sound is identical to a wired headset. It doesn't use a charger plug, it uses 1-AA batter (contained in the docking "station" to recharge. I've used it extensively for over a week and I'm still on the first battery. Best part is that its "only" $75.00. Here's the link:

http://tagaccessories.com/singleprod...anufacture=All
    Correct. The answer/end functionality on the included headset works like a champion. However, for those of us that do not like the feeling of jamming a fuzzy wheel from a Matchbox car in their ear this is still a problem. I truly enjoyed the Freespeak when I had the Nokia version on my t300. I just want to know if anyone out there has gotten this to work on their t600 with the "standard" Freespeak. There were a few people who claimed the headsets "worked great!" , but none of them ever answered me as to whether or not they could answer a phone call on it. Then there was one person who claimed his Nokia Freespeak still worked fine with his new t600 but I tested that theory too. I guess this is my final plea.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Received my Treo 600 and tried the foneGear. Works perfect. The button on the earpiece both answers and hangs up the phone.
    1)isnt the adapter way too large to carry in one's project?
    2)hows the range?
    3)hows this superior to jabra?
  16. -c-
    Originally posted by RBIowa
    I just received a new kind of wireless headset last week. I'm currently using it on a Samsung i700 but I have a Treo 600 on order. I'm pretty sure the 2.5mm plug is the same. Anyway, I had used a Jabra Freespeak but I found the sound to be "tinny". The new headset is a foneGear. The design is the same as the Jabra for non-bluetooth phones. Instead of radio waves, it uses magnetic induction. The sound is identical to a wired headset. It doesn't use a charger plug, it uses 1-AA batter (contained in the docking "station" to recharge. I've used it extensively for over a week and I'm still on the first battery. Best part is that its "only" $75.00. Here's the link:

http://tagaccessories.com/singleprod...anufacture=All
    Hi... I was wondering how far you can go from the "base" and how long does the battery *actually* last. Finally, is the battery in the headset replaceable once it doesn't hold a charge anymore?

-C-
    So has anyone got the jabra headset to work and not hang up after answering the call.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The adaptor clips to your belt or belt loop. The size of the adaptor is similar (probably smaller) than the Jabra. The range is 4-5 feet. The battery in the headset is not replaceable. The length of a charge? I don't know because I've yet to run it all the way down. I've used it two hours with no problem. However the great thing is that since it recharges from the AA battery in the belt clip/docking station you don't have to find a plug somewhere to charge it. Just clip it back on to the belt clip. Besides what I just stated as to why I think it's superior add better sound, the flashing LED to display the the two units are "connected" is much more subtle (the Jabra is like a search and rescue beacon) AND it's $75.00 not $100 - $149.
    Where did you get the Fonegear. Do they sell it in stores or do you have to mail order it.

I seen your link and order it from there. I will let eveyone now how it goes.
    Last edited by rockier; 10/26/2003 at 01:16 AM.
    update on the fonegear wireless headset?
    anyone else get it?
    is it better than jabra?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast