Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone advise if this is the correct adaptor I need to get to use my headphones in my treo600 to listen to mp3's:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...144&Products=1

Thanks
    Yes it is, though they don't seem to have any stock... 14 days!

I went to my nearest Maplin shop in Forest Hill (S. London) on Saturday and they had none there either. Anyone tried the shop in Stratford (NE London) yet?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
  3.    #3  
    I went to my local one in Manchester and they don't have any there. The guy there checked all the stores on his computer and they have none in stock. He said they should have in at the end of the month.

At least it's given people the info on what they need.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I went to my local Radio Shack and picked one up. Needless to say it worked if I pushed it in hard. I noticed the surrounding plastic prohibits it from fitting flush. I pulled out my trusty dremel and smoothed around the plastic on the adapter. Now the adapter fits snuggly in the 2.5 port. Im able to use Ptunes and listen to my mp3's.

Enjoy!!!
  5.    #5  
    No RadioShack in the UK - Maplins is the RadioShack in the UK...and they don't have any in for two weeks..so we'll have to wait till then
    I've got a spare - make me a generous offer and I might part with it I'm in London or Harpenden most of the time.

Maplin Online still says no stock for 14 days.

I think I'm going to have to make a splitter so I can use it as an mp3 player and still have the Jabra Bluetooth adapter working at the same time.

If anyone eles wants a splitter let me know how much you would be prepared to pay me to make one for you!
  7.    #7  
    well, Maplin sell them for 79p, so i guess 99p would be fair. LOL

On a more serious note, how DO you answer a call whilst listening to MP3 using the adaptor and headphones? Do you have to unplug it to answer, or can you pause it, take the headphones out your ears and use the phone as normal with them still plugged in at the bottom?
    Does anyone know if there is a right-angle version of this adapter? If the Treo is in my pocket (antenna pointing up), I'd prefer an adapter which points to the side rather than points downward in my pocket.

Also, do you have to have an SD/MMC card to play music, or can you just load some songs onto the Treo's existing memory?

thanks
    Originally posted by swifty

On a more serious note, how DO you answer a call whilst listening to MP3 using the adaptor and headphones? Do you have to unplug it to answer, or can you pause it, take the headphones out your ears and use the phone as normal with them still plugged in at the bottom?
    Tempting, but not tempting enough

Anyway just tried it out today:

When making a call all is fine: you can hear them in double mono.

No-one has phoned me while I'm wearing headphones yet, so will see what happens when you answer a call. I expect it to be the same as if you used the single haedphone mic thing, excpt of course you would use the standard built-in mic instead.
    Originally posted by swifty

just a gues but....

from what others have said on this forum the right (or left) phone signal switches to mic on answer. since a headphone tranducer is pretty much the same as a mic tranducer you could either;
    a: remove one headphone and talk into this
    b: SHOUT! and the headphone should pick it up
    c: talk normally with headphones in place if using open type phones

caveat... I have tried none of these and not sure if any of its true
  11.    #11  
    Well I guess I'll have to wait for two weeks to try it and report back. Unless Cyril feels generous and will part with a 79p item, and therefore let me try it earlier
    Originally posted by petesamprs
    Does anyone know if there is a right-angle version of this adapter? If the Treo is in my pocket (antenna pointing up), I'd prefer an adapter which points to the side rather than points downward in my pocket.

Also, do you have to have an SD/MMC card to play music, or can you just load some songs onto the Treo's existing memory?

thanks
    The adapter Handspring is selling on thier accessories page is a right angle adapter.

And you need a SD card to play songs with ptunes at least - I don't know about other players.
  13.    #13  
    I guess we'll have to wait a while for the "orange" branded one to come out here in the uk- at over 20 times the price you can buy one for now! (ok, not right angle, but still...)
    The right angle adapter is a wopping $5.99 compared to Maplins 79p!

http://www.handspring.com/products/P...006&cat=310005

If I make my own right angle adapter the parts are about 2 from Maplin.
  15.    #15  
    care to make me one?
  16.    #16  
    And TreoStore (the only place you can buy from I think that ship to the UK??) charge 19 Euro for it!!!!
    Fed up the the Maplin non-stock situation, I've just converted an existing set of headphones I had by cutting off the 3.5mm plug and then canabalising an old Motorola headset with a 2.5mm jack.

Half-an-hour and a bit of soldering later and I now have a set of headphones with a 2.5mm jack.

I can confirm that the stereo sound is awesome!
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    I bought some of those skullcandy headphones, shaved off a bit of plastic on the connector and everything works swimmingly now.

And yes, the sound...rocks!
  19.    #19  
    derosnec - you got a pair with a 2.5 adaptor?
    Sorry, I was slightly off topic
    I just bought the set with the 2.5 plug on it and hacked at it untill it untill the plastic could fit in the recess on the treo.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast