Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    ok ok...so the official HS set?
    It was one of these
    http://www.ihavetohave.it/acatalog/Nokia_4_barrel.html

But the plastic around the plug was a tad too large to suit the treo.
  3.    #23  
    very smart. thanks for the link. which ones did you get?

does the handsfree also work?
    I've been buying this kind of adapter for use with a Toshiba Libretto laptop. The Maplin one works OK, but I found it's so lengthy that it bends easily in use and eventually breaks.

I had great difficulty locating a right-angle version. Radio Shack in USA used to have one but wouldn't mail to UK and then stopped stocking it.

Eventually, I found one at http://www.pc-mobile.net/compaq.htm - scroll down to the bottom and it's item SP2J3 (picture attached):

Angled 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack
    For use with any stereo headphone with 3.5mm plug
    Length: 10 cm
    $3.25

It's meant for an iPaq but should have the right connections for Treo 600 based on the diagram and descriptions I've read on this forum. I don't have a Treo 600 (yet!) but you can query compatibility with them. It has an inch or so of cable between plug and jack, which means it shouldn't stick out and catch on things like the Maplin one.

They ship worldwide from Hong Kong, but also have a UK office (ironically, after scouring the world for these things, it turned out to be about a mile from my home). I bought a batch of 4 of them a little while ago for UK£12.50 inc P&P.

According to other threads on this forum, PC-Mobile may be working on dedicated accessories for the Treo 600, maybe including a version of their nice-looking retractable earpiece...
  5.    #25  
    what's the uk contact details for them so those who need them can buy them that way
    Originally posted by derosnec
    It was one of these
    http://www.ihavetohave.it/acatalog/Nokia_4_barrel.html

But the plastic around the plug was a tad too large to suit the treo.
    how does this work?
    does four barrel mean its got four conductors at the jack?
    doesn't the treo have only three?
    does the mic, etc work too?

please explain for those who don't quite understand whats happening here!
    Hi there.
    Apologies for the lateness of reply re the Mic on the skullcandy.. I hadn't tested it yet.

Bad news, the mic does _not_ work *sigh* and I had such high hopes for these headsets. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused (I do get stereo out for MP3 etc though).

The hunt for the stereo headset with mike continues.
  8.    #28  
    Don't try ordering the lead from www.pc-mobile.net because this is the response you get:

"Thank you for your order.
    As our minimum credit card order is $11.50 (excluding postage),
    your order is now void.
    Your credit card has not been charged."

!!!!!
    I bought the nokia stereo headset for the 8310 phone from Carphone Warehouse. The headphones are good and the microphone works although it ain't great. £24.99 but not many about.

Unfortunately the button to answer calls does not work. You hear the ringtone in your headphones but have to take out the phone to answer the call.

Out of interest what format/bitrate/frequency are people using for pocket tunes.

After a bit of experimentation I am using ogg vorbis 112kbps at a frequency of 44.1kHz. I could'nt really if the difference with 96kbps. I reckon I'll get about 6 albums on a 256 Mb card.

You do need a card reader. I recommend the sandisk cruzer complete with 256mb merory card for about 70 quid.

http://www.valueflash.co.uk/secure_digital.htm

I work in radio does anyone think it will be possible to record audio on the treo 600 using an external mic?
    I work in radio
    So you are that little guy in my radio that keeps on reading out depressing news! Begone with you
  11.    #31  
    you talking about this headset:
    http://www.freedom-mobiles.co.uk/images/accs/hdd1.jpg
    ?
    Originally posted by swifty
    Don't try ordering the lead from www.pc-mobile.net because this is the response you get:

"Thank you for your order.
    As our minimum credit card order is $11.50 (excluding postage),
    your order is now void.
    Your credit card has not been charged."

!!!!!
    Thank you for telling others NOT to do the same as it will be treated the same.
    This is IN the description of the item:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Angled 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack
    For use with any stereo headphone with 3.5mm plug
    Length: 10 cm
    (please note our minimum credit card order is $11.50 excluding postage)
    --------------------------------------------------
    So it is wasting your time and ours if you IGNORED that.
    http://pc-mobile.net
  13.    #33  
    well you aint gonna be getting many orders are you then
    the answer on the order site was one thing but posting on this forum just begs.....
    dont order from us 'cus we don't give a fcuck (note: not swearing)
    Yes the picture in the above posting is of the headset I bought.
    that pic is of a 3ringer... ugh, the search continues..

pc-mobile sent back a response that since they dont have a T600 yet, they cant really make a new headset for it, to test with. Seems logical Someone could be sitting on a modest goldmine here, if they could make this lil booger. oooorrrrrr is HS just gonna WOW us with it in a month. "here ya go!"

lol, who am I kidding
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Originally posted by nmotion
    that pic is of a 3ringer... ugh, the search continues..

pc-mobile sent back a response that since they dont have a T600 yet, they cant really make a new headset for it, to test with. Seems logical Someone could be sitting on a modest goldmine here, if they could make this lil booger. oooorrrrrr is HS just gonna WOW us with it in a month. "here ya go!"

lol, who am I kidding
    Yet the prototype that pc-mobile sent me is working fine. Phone calls & MP3, all with one plug and one headset.
    Can someone confirm that the "pigtail" adapter is a plain-Jane 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and works on the T600. For $3.19 each sounds pretty cheap to me.

I have the Hanspring 90-degree adapter and it works great, but boy is it HUGE!

I'd be willing to buy 4-5-6 of them on one order if others would be interested? I could ship them via USPS Priority for $6.50 each delivered. $3.19 + S/H from pc-mobile + S/H to you... any takers.

Also... I found this little devise from Koss:
    http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...rm&Accessories^VC20
    Too bad it also isn't a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter too! Imagine, volume control for your T600 while not taking it our of your pocket.

Dave Lindberg

P.S.
    I'm off to see if I can the above "koss - type" adapter with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter. Someone has to have one - right?
    Originally posted by NMprofessional
    Can someone confirm that the "pigtail" adapter is a plain-Jane 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and works on the T600. For $3.19 each sounds pretty cheap to me.

I have the Hanspring 90-degree adapter and it works great, but boy is it HUGE!

I'd be willing to buy 4-5-6 of them on one order if others would be interested? I could ship them via USPS Priority for $6.50 each delivered. $3.19 + S/H from pc-mobile + S/H to you... any takers.

Someone did just that for the Ipaq 19xx.
    He bought 20-30 a time from us and offload them on ebay for about $8 including postage. He made it clear that it was our adapter. I cannot say he made a fortune but he has sold a couple of hundreds so far.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Okay, Pc-Mobile.... I'll re-tract my previous post offering to get anyone an adapter. Sorry, I must have not "searched" enough.

No need for me to just charge only cost to fellow Treo 600 owners.

I'm taking the risk and selling at no profit... I'm one of the good guys. If people want to over-pay by $1-$2 then, so be it.

Happy hunting on eBay.

Dave Lindberg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast