Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Has anyone purchased or used one of the Treo Side Cases?

I am very interested in getting something to protect my Treo.
    Originally posted by kamalot
    Has anyone purchased or used one of the Treo Side Cases?

I am very interested in getting something to protect my Treo.
    I did, and so far the first day with work and using it, it protected it very well, and I can't really tell its on me. The only issue I had was trying to get the phone out when I was driving, but I will get use to doing it a certain way after a while.
    Treo 600
    Originally posted by RussPath03

I did, and so far the first day with work and using it, it protected it very well, and I can't really tell its on me. The only issue I had was trying to get the phone out when I was driving, but I will get use to doing it a certain way after a while.
    What's the construction like? I'm thinking of getting this case too but there's a similar one out at mobile planet for 2/3's the price. Is the fit snug? What's the inside like? Can you post a few close-up pictures?

Thanks
    go.digital
    You can check out my review of the Treo Side Case which I posted last night in the Accessories section .

Click Here To Read The Thread
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Originally posted by dulan

What's the construction like? I'm thinking of getting this case too but there's a similar one out at mobile planet for 2/3's the price. Is the fit snug? What's the inside like? Can you post a few close-up pictures?

Thanks
    Fits very snug, and it has like metal or something inside the padding to protect it from impact. Nice leather outside, and a good firm snap button to close it.

Inside is a soft material, like other cell phone cases feel like on the inside. Picture, yea give me a few minutes and I will see about getting one up.
    Treo 600
    Here are some pics....

I have some better pics with my real digi cam, but can't find my software to reinstall it on my pc since i reloaded my pc 2 weeks ago. If I can find it, i will send them u p too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 600
    part 2
    Treo 600
    part 3
    Treo 600
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    To the best of my knowledge there is only one company that makes that side case right now, Superior Communications. They then sell it to Handspring and other dealers. So buy it where ever you can get the best price. There is a guy selling them on eBay right now aking $12.99 and "buy it now" for $13.99 plus shipping.

macfan
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have tried several cases and so far it is the one I find most useful. It clips on the belt easily, stays out of the way whether sitting or standing and is not difficult to remove. You can pull the case off the belt and set it down and it is protected. I find it is acutallly less troublsome than my Blackberry 957 that seems to catch on everything and pop out of the holster when I get in or out of the car. The snug leather case sticks out to far and seems to catch on things in the car. It isn't as easy to remove from the clip and use as the side holster.
    John
    Here are some high rez pictures from my digital camera of the case.
    Treo 600
    part 2
    Treo 600
    part 3
    Treo 600
    part 4
    Treo 600
    is the headset plug accessible while in the case?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    No hole for the headset plug, and that is my only complaint. I'm debating whether or not to make one, and if so, how to do it without causing unsightly damage.....
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    No hole for the headset plug, and that is my only complaint. I'm debating whether or not to make one, and if so, how to do it without causing unsightly damage.....
    Make one. After you make it, use a soldering iron to melt around the hole to seal the threads / plastic material so it won't come apart any more.
    Treo 600
    I really like the side case. Works well, fits snug, yet the phone is still easyto get out.

The leather is nice too...it actually smells like real leather....ahhhh...that leather smell...oops....that's another discussion board altogether...I was lost for a minute there...lol
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just got the case today. Everything that has been said before it true..."fits snug, easy to get out, etc.". I really like the belt clip instead of one of those stupid swivel things as well as the snap instead of velcro (I've had several velcro cases and they REALLY annoy people in meetings). IMO, every case should come with a snap and/or magnetic closure.

Anyway, I'm trying to get used to the horizontal thing. I'm going to give it a couple days, but I think vertical is less obtrusive. All my past cases have been vertical and I like that feel. The other thing is that Handspring (or Superior, the actual manufacturer) really should have designed this better. There is no hole for the headset nor can you shut off the ringer without removing the phone. You can put the phone in the wrong way and get access to the headset hole, but that is not optimal.

I modified my slip case that came with the Treo by taking a very sharp knife and cutting a belt loop in the back and it worked very well (see below). I'm starting to think that is the best out there right now because I can access the ringer switch and can even plug it into the charger / hotsynch cable while in the case. It doesn't have a hole for the headset either, but I could make another modification for that too. Best of all, the case fits well and doesn't have a snap or velcro noise when you remove the phone to answer a call or check email.

How I modified the slip case (no pictures, sorry): I used a Leatherman to measure a space on the back (the Leatherman is the perfect width for the belt loop), using a pencil outlined about 2 inches on each side of the Leatherman, stuck the foam filler that came with the slip case in to protect the other side, using the very sharp knife included with the Leatherman cut along penciled outline. Viola! You now have a belt loop for the slip case. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it hasn't expanded a bit. Guess if you wanted to get fancy, you could stitch it and/or use a soldering iron to seal the edges, but I haven't found that to be necessary.

Like I said, I'm going to give the side case a try for a couple days, but thought you might benefit from my experience...

Thx,
    TL
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Do you find that you need to apply a lot of pressure to close the snap? I really wish they usd a magnetic snap instead of a regular one. Those are much easier to open and close.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast