Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just bought one from a seller on ebay ($13.99 + $5.99 S+H + $1.00 Insurance). I'm going to try this, coupled with a screen protector (also from eBay). I'm also going to try to create a hole for the headset (somebody along the way really dropped the ball here...such an obvious oversight...)
    I have been using the Nutshell for a couple of weeks, and just got the Treo side case this morning. As much as I love Nutshell's products, I've spent a lot of time reinstalling the SD card, which pops out every other time I put the phone in the holster. I even popped it out when securing the flap a couple of times after it was already in the holster. It was only a matter of time before I lost the card.

The side case resolves these problems, and is actually a little less obtrusive than even the Nutshell. It does a great job of striking a balance between protection and projection -- i.e., sturdy but not sticking out too far from the hip. I can also get the phone out more quickly from the side case.

All this having been said, if Nutshell comes out with a redesign to address the SD card issues, I'll be shucking out another 40 bucks without hesitation.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The snap pressure isn't too bad, but it does make a noticable pop sound. At least it's not as bad as velcro. Agree on the magnetic snap. The absolute best case I ever had was one from Coach for the StarTac. Guess there aren't enough T600s out there (yet) to justify them making one for it.

Thx,
    TL
    Can you feel the vibrate well using this case?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    You can, but it's not real strong. That is more a function of the Treo than the case though. It is not nearly as strong as the T300. Since the case has an integrated belt clip, it's probably much better than on of those removable swivel clip cases.

Thx,
    TDP
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    No hole for the headset plug, and that is my only complaint. I'm debating whether or not to make one, and if so, how to do it without causing unsightly damage.....
    The side case I received with my TREO from Cingular has a hole for the headset. Unfortunately, that is the only hole. You can't charge it while it is in the case and you obviously can't dial or use the PDA while in the case. The only way to use the headset is to make the call, put it BACK in the case, then plug the headset back in. Unless you have a answer button on the headset, this is inconvenient.

I just purchased the "form fitted" case that allows more functionality if you want to keep the set protected most of the time.
    Originally posted by tomd4re

The side case I received with my TREO from Cingular has a hole for the headset. Unfortunately, that is the only hole. You can't charge it while it is in the case and you obviously can't dial or use the PDA while in the case. The only way to use the headset is to make the call, put it BACK in the case, then plug the headset back in. Unless you have a answer button on the headset, this is inconvenient.

I just purchased the "form fitted" case that allows more functionality if you want to keep the set protected most of the time.
    Use a pair of scissors to cut a channel into the hole so you can put the phone into and take it out of the case all the while using the headset. I did that to mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just wondering....

I have a Krusell C3C case...If I take off the round plastic knob on the back, I could place the whole thing in the side case. Therefore, total protection of the phone. No fingerprints, screen is protected, no dust, yet all plugs and holes accessible. And if by chance the phone drops out of the side case, it's still protected by the Krusell case. Any comments?

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12