Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I recently purchased a Treo 600 from Sprint. Lots of learning to do on my end. The display has a 1/8 inch black line vertically down the right side of the screen. It looks like a CRT computer screen that needs to be adjusted for position. Any suggestions for a fix other than returning it?
    The screens on Treo 600 are all about 1mm off center to the left. This is normal. If you go back to the store and look at any other handset you will see that they are all like this. It's a feature :-)
    Lots of posts on this already. Seems inherent in the design of the 600.
    dmuldrew -

I had my t600 for a number of days and was (and still am) absolutely in love with it. Yesterday I looked at the screen for the million-th time and i noticed the black strip on the right. My jaw fell to the ground - i couldnt believe my screen had shifted to the left!! I had no idea how that could happen and i was CONVINCED it wasnt shifted to the left before!

well... after taking some deep breaths in a paper bag to stop hyperventilating, i called my 3 friends who also have treo600s and they all have the EXACT same black strip on the right. I cant believe i'd never noticed it!

There are also a few other posts about this floating around and some pics posted by others of the black strip and they all look the same. Rest assured nothing is wrong with your t600 - we're all in the same boat. I wish it was flush against the right, but i guess it was the best they could do. I quickly realized I stopped noticing the strip after my nerves were calmed.

Still lovin' my Treo600!

DougDarden
    Originally posted by DougDarden
    dmuldrew -

I had my t600 for a number of days and was (and still am) absolutely in love with it. Yesterday I looked at the screen for the million-th time and i noticed the black strip on the right. My jaw fell to the ground - i couldnt believe my screen had shifted to the left!! I had no idea how that could happen and i was CONVINCED it wasnt shifted to the left before!

well... after taking some deep breaths in a paper bag to stop hyperventilating, i called my 3 friends who also have treo600s and they all have the EXACT same black strip on the right. I cant believe i'd never noticed it!

There are also a few other posts about this floating around and some pics posted by others of the black strip and they all look the same. Rest assured nothing is wrong with your t600 - we're all in the same boat. I wish it was flush against the right, but i guess it was the best they could do. I quickly realized I stopped noticing the strip after my nerves were calmed.

Still lovin' my Treo600!

DougDarden

Look at your avatar VERY closely. You'll see the black strip there too. At least it's an accurate pic.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Look at your avatar VERY closely. You'll see the black strip there too. At least it's an accurate pic.
    HA!!! That's hilarious! I didn't even notice - I need to get my eyes checked!

Doug
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. Sorry for the double post.I tried to delete this one, but the board wouldn't let me. Please see below.
    Last edited by dmuldrew; 10/21/2003 at 05:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I thought it was because I dropped it on the street yesterday! I did purchase the Sprint replacement insurance though I never have before. But none of my cell phones ever cost as much as this did.I just purchased a case fromhttp://www.tuff-as-nuts.com
    It looks like a really well made case. I will still have to remove it to use it, but I won't be fumbling with where to put it again.