Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    It is unbelievable: I came home and there it is. A package from Andando (in Italy) and inside an unlocked TREO 600 GSM.

    I'll open it up and test it during the coming weekend - keep you posted!
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Justdoitalex
    It is unbelievable: I came home and there it is. A package from Andando (in Italy) and inside an unlocked TREO 600 GSM.

    I'll open it up and test it during the coming weekend - keep you posted!
    You'll open it NOW!!
    And you'll post pics NOW!!

    How are you gonna come into the forums, and post about having a GSM Treo 600 which TONS of us are sitting here patiently waiting on and tease us like that?!?!

    You're like that old girlfriend who would tease and tease but NEVER put out!!

    ...ok, I've calm down now

    Congrats on the phone!!!

    Please post pics and info SOON
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, didn't mean to tease! I meant I open it right away and only have time on the weekend to test it thoroughly.

    It is a fascinating piece of technology. Buy PALM shares
  4. #4  
    I look forward to more info...and PICS!

    Man I can't wait to see that shiney, silvery beauty.
  5.    #5  
    First impression:
    - this is being typed from the Treo 600
    - screen is great - compared to Treo 180
    - 5 way navigation works great
    - blazer is fast
    - speaker is much better
    - keyboard is suited for faster typing
    - the whole thing is fast and nice
    - even my wife said it's cool and that means something
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Justdoitalex
    First impression:
    - this is being typed from the Treo 600
    - screen is great - compared to Treo 180
    - 5 way navigation works great
    - blazer is fast
    - speaker is much better
    - keyboard is suited for faster typing
    - the whole thing is fast and nice
    - even my wife said it's cool and that means something
    Where did you buy? online?
    How much?
    How long was the shipping?
    And is it a Orange unlocked or is a NON carrier specific unlocked device?
    Last edited by HumP; 10/21/2003 at 04:15 PM.
  7. #7  
    Something smells.
  8.    #8  
    Bought through www.treostore.com. Ordered Oct 7. Came today, very expensive (900 ). Unlocked, non-Orange. I use T-Mobile in Germany, works great!!!

    gotta go.
  9. j$hort's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #9  
    I'll tell you what smells... A certain Sprint/HS relationship that's keeping our Treo 600 GSM under wraps for the purpose of boosting Sprint subscriptons...and a hint of shallots, say what?
  10. #10  
    I usually don't buy into the conspiricy theory thing, but man I'm starting to.
    I have a form fitted case, 256mb SD card and ants in my pants....
    I WANT MY TREO 600!!!
    </rant>

    ....ok, sorry to thread jack, back to topic.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Justdoitalex
    Bought through www.treostore.com. Ordered Oct 7. Came today, very expensive (900 ). Unlocked, non-Orange. I use T-Mobile in Germany, works great!!!

    gotta go.
    '
    So this is a non-branded 600 GSM? Just the HS logo?
  12. #12  
    OUCH!! That is like $1000 US!
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by j$hort
    I'll tell you what smells... A certain Sprint/HS relationship that's keeping our Treo 600 GSM under wraps for the purpose of boosting Sprint subscriptons...
    Ain't it the truth. Nothing wrong with the GSM. It's just $.
  14. #14  
    You can buy them in Singapore starting yesterday and in KL starting today, by Monday there are supposed to be a supply of them in Jakarta.

    US$700 in Singapore
    US$800 or so in Malaysia and Indonesia

    I don't think the bad guy in the USA is Sprint, but the GSM carriers. My guess is that Handspring made a deal that they wouldn't sell the unlocked GSM phones in the USA until the carriers had a one or two week window to sell the phones "with plans" to try and lock in their customers. When the carriers, for whaterver reason, delayed, handspring was contractually required to delay the sale of the unlocked phones in the USA.

    Just my guess.
  15. #15  
    Most of the "destination" countries on the Treostore site are shipping unbranded/unlocked 600s. Only a few are Orange. Even Ireland is unbranded/unlocked US$1000+, but no way to ship it directly to U.S. Anyone going to Ireland or Spain, etc., and want to pick up a few dozen unbranded/unlocked T600s and bring them back? Hate you HS.
  16. #16  
    I think JDave is right.

    This is Cingular and T-Mobile. They both notoriously suck at rolling out data devices. If I had to guess, I would say this is a Cingular issue. Cingular provides most of the network for T-Mobile in the western US and much of the GPRS period, so if Cingular "isn't ready" then T-Mobile can't go. It could be this is why HS has accelerated their talks with ATT, to try to nudge Cingular and T-Mobile along. ATT might be able to go out with it, but their network isn't comprehensive.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by moze
    I think JDave is right.

    This is Cingular and T-Mobile. They both notoriously suck at rolling out data devices.
    I would rather hate Sprint. In any case, even if Cingular and T-Mobile are slow, why would that keep HS from shipping to US distributors? Shipping to Europe and Asia but holding back on US? Sprint; Cingualr and T-Mobile "don't have that kinda muscle."
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Most of the "destination" countries on the Treostore site are shipping unbranded/unlocked 600s. Only a few are Orange. Even Ireland is unbranded/unlocked US$1000+, but no way to ship it directly to U.S. Anyone going to Ireland or Spain, etc., and want to pick up a few dozen unbranded/unlocked T600s and bring them back? Hate you HS.
    I have some relatives in the UK, and a business partner in Ireland that might be willing to ship stuff back the the States. I can wait for the US launch (euro prices too high for me). Also, if I were you guys, I'm not sure I would trust total strangers to return my $1000+ USD phone out of kindness. Ah yes, the dilemma...

  19. #19  
    I agree with JDave. I was told by a Handspring sales rep that if they were to sell unlocked phones before the carriers do, the carriers would never do any business with them. Remember the talk of unlocked GSM Treo's being in "low supply" at the beginning? I think this plan too was by design to avoid cutting into the carriers' attraction of contracted customers.
  20. #20  
    A couple of online retailers are saying they will have the GSM unlocked on 11/3. Anyone think this will happen? I would expect that Handspring would sell first or at least the same time. If Handspring is going to give the providers a head start, there is no way an unlocked version would be available by 11/3.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions