Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...that they will delievr the GSM treo 600 sometime before the end of fall. I just called and that is the new statement from the customer care people. I asked her specifically when does fall end, she said "sometime before the end of november",

Great. If I see a p900, I'll grab it.
    Hmm... that's too bad. I guess late fall it is, as they've always said, despite all the other dates that were mentioned about earlier release dates.

I'm glad I switched (temporarily) to Sprint. I'm hoping that I will soon be able to buy the GSM version and sell my $380 Treo 600 ($399 - $20 from ebates.com) on Ebay for a profit.
    I don't get it. this dude says he got an unlocked GSM unit from a distributor in Italy:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t39206/s.html

DAMMIT! HANDSPRING!!! GET THE UNLOCKED UNITS UP ON THE WEB SITE AND LET US ALL UPGRADE!!!!

GRRRRR!!!!
    Last edited by echaban; 10/21/2003 at 04:21 PM.
    That means GMS delivery could be anywhere from Mid-November until December 20th. FYI.....the first day of winter is 12/21
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Originally posted by norpah
    That means GMS delivery could be anywhere from Mid-November until December 20th. FYI.....the first day of winter is 12/21
    Good thing it's so small - great stocking stuffer...ho ho ho waahhh!
    I don't know how much more I can take. I think I need to leave the office early to visit my doctor. Maybe I need Prozac, or something stronger.

This is just a toy, just a toy. My 180 is enough. It functions, it's good looking and gosh darn it, people like it! So why do I yearn for the 600 so? <<sigh>>

HS has got to pull through for us. Otherwise, I'm simply going to crack!
    The news is disheartening! I've always wanted to work on my patience. I guess this is the perfect opportunity.
    I just called Handspring. The CSR told me the GSM version wouldn't be available for a week or two. I would be curious to know what others are hearing from Handspring. My sense is that not all the CSRs are operating off the same page in the playbook.
    Originally posted by Gadget fan
    I just called Handspring. The CSR told me the GSM version wouldn't be available for a week or two.
    "A week or two" sounds like November 3 (Ingram's site info). When I called last week, the CSR told me "a few weeks".
    I've done the same thing (at least for now) as silverado. I found a Sprint store (the only one in the Portland area) that had one and I broke down and bought it. I'm hoping that we can at least get a date for being able to order a GSM (preferably unlocked) with a delivery range before my 14 day trial is up.

The 600 is sweet. I had some initial problems getting it activated, but once figured out the store guy was giving me the wrong instructions for activing it, I was able to get their support to give me the right instructions. I had a really bad experience with Sprint about 4 years ago, but this time they seemed no worse than T-Mobile support.

Also surprisingly I'm finding so far the voice and data to be more reliable than T-Mobile. Even with one bar showing, the calls are strong and clear without dropping. My 270 in the same area is showing more bars, but the signal breaks up a little. The data has been surprising strong. It very rarely "stalls" out waiting for data, which I get quite a bit with T-Mobile.

I'm still dying to get a GSM version, but the Sprint version has so far been working much better than I expected.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sprint is simply too darn expensive. I'd rather use two cans and a string.
    I'm not saying everyone should change to Sprint (I plan to stay with T-Mobile) but I wouldn't say they are too expensive. I have a T-Mobile with 600 minutes for $40, with Sprint I get 300 for $35 or 500 for $45. However T-Mobile data is $20, and Sprint is $15.

They are about the same. Use the one you prefer, but I don't think cost is a huge difference (at least for the minutes I need and data).

Originally posted by treoo0
    Originally posted by treoo0
    It all relative.. You really shouldn't be buying the newest gadgets if cost is a factor.. All the cell phone companies are around the same price..

Josh
    FYI, I just called Handspring also and the only info I could get was a "few weeks". Nothing more or less. I'm hopeful that it will appear by early November, but I'm beginning to suspect late November. If the availability was in less than two weeks you would think they would communicate more.
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    I've done the same thing (at least for now) as silverado. I found a Sprint store (the only one in the Portland area) that had one and I broke down and bought it. I'm hoping that we can at least get a date for being able to order a GSM (preferably unlocked) with a delivery range before my 14 day trial is up.
    Sounds risky. What if the GSM isn't out then - keep Sprint?
    Sprint expensive? Um whatever. Verizon is easily the most expensive, but offers the best coverage.
    Yes, if it's going to be awhile for the GSM version, I keep using the Sprint. The downside is a unit I'll have to sell probably at a bit of a loss, but the upside is I get to use a Treo 600. So far, the Sprint service has been working better than I expected so that's a plus.

If you want minimum cost, wait. If you want it now, the option is to spend more. It's a personal choice, but so far I'm not regretting it.

Originally posted by dspires

Sounds risky. What if the GSM isn't out then - keep Sprint?
    I guess there there are 3 of us that are compuslive and crazy enough to have done the Sprint temporary thing. I have forwarded my AT&T phone to my Sprint 600 (got it yesterday) and will also sell it on eBay when my Ingram GMS unit arrives.

For those of you sweating out the wait, trust me this is a great way to go. It may cost a few bucks but think of the sanity you save by knowing you have A 600 in the meantime.

I guess also then that there will be a flood of Sprint units hitting eBay the day we get our GSM units.
    Make it 4 i cant wait anymore so i got my tracking # and will get my Sprint treo600 tomorow.Will activate on Bell Mobility Montreal.

Still got my Gsm on order and will sell the Sprint when i get it

Marc-Andre
    blah!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast