1.    #1  
    The more I use the T600 the more I love it. You can teell that there was alot of time spent in the design.
    But here in Texas I find that as I use the phone a slight bit of Dampness builds up on my palm or (hand) and the unit becomes very slippery in this Texas heat.
    Now if the unit drops and I am 6.5 it is likely to cause damage to the unit.
    So I thought maybe the group had some ideas to provide a better grip and much better protection in case of the t6 squirting out of my hands. My company currently uses laptops which have been drop rated at feet.

Any ideas?
    I'm not that tall, but I've already had a coupla scares with my t600.

I'm gonna run a strip of black grip tape down each of the rounded sides of the back. I'll hafta make cutouts for the part of the speaker grill and the reset button, but I'm figuring that'll make me feel a little more secure.
    How well would it survive a fall? My previous cell phones took a real beating and I'm afraid that this will too at some point.
    Originally posted by lenman
    The more I use the T600 the more I love it. You can teell that there was alot of time spent in the design.
    But here in Texas I find that as I use the phone a slight bit of Dampness builds up on my palm or (hand) and the unit becomes very slippery in this Texas heat.
    So I thought maybe the group had some ideas to provide a better grip and much better protection in case of the t6 squirting out of my hands. My company currently uses laptops which have been drop rated at feet.

Any ideas?
    Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=11461
    I've seen these (and similar products) before.

Nothing for the t600 yet though.

And from the look of it, they don't actually have any grip on the part of the phone that actually touches my hand when in use. ie. the rounded vertical sides.
    Originally posted by Doug Hillman
    I've seen these (and similar products) before.

Nothing for the t600 yet though.

And from the look of it, they don't actually have any grip on the part of the phone that actually touches my hand when in use. ie. the rounded vertical sides.
    I just spoke to the owner of E grips, a nice fellow by the name of Fred. He said he would make the grips for the T600 but he needs a mock up of the T600. He is going to contact Handspring now. Anyone have any ideas on getting him a mock up.

Oh by the way Doug his product also comes with grips for the side of the phone and not just the back so it would work for you.
    Hey Doug I just wanted to let you know that the E grips are now available for the T600. I just got a email from egrips annoucing it. There is another thread going now if you want more info.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/-t39673/s4f76f62450ef62b3c1b61a4d449cf0d5/h&highlight=egrips.html

Originally posted by lenman

Any ideas?
    What we need is an attachment point for a lanyard which HS forgot about. I have never dropped my Treo 300 with a lanyard, which is always wrapped around my finger. It's fallen out of my hand many times but never dropped, saved by the lanyard everytime. I am considering epoxying a lanyard to the 600.
    Originally posted by aacnyc
    Hey Doug I just wanted to let you know that the E grips are now available for the T600. I just got a email from egrips annoucing it. There is another thread going now if you want more info.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=egrips.html

E grips are nice and I'd like to put them on my 600 to get a better grip and add some protection while in the posket. It could still fall out of your hand though.
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...sp?unit=H.T600

I think this might be a way to go for both protection and slippage, (provided you will wear your t6 on the belt,
    anyway i will wistfully wait for my GSM version , but wil definitley get a covertec case!
    Gnight
    I just ordered the eGrips product for the 600.

http://egrips.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=258

Total came to $13 including shipping. The site says it will take 3 weeks for delivery.

I'll let you know when I get it and how it works. (I got the smooth finish so it would be sure to fit in the docking cradle, and I got it in black.)

-Suzie