1.    #1  
    Would appreciate if somone else could sanity check this for me:

1. launch the calendar
    2. toggle to the 'list' view

Now, try to use the nav button to scroll the list or make a selection. I can't do either ... what am I missing or is this a bug?
    Just kidding.

Calendar has some tricks to it to make selections.

In list mode use left or right to select an item.

In regular day mode, press center to select an item.

You will notice the highlight on the selectedt item change to light blue. You will also see the buttons now have focus so you can press center on any of them.
    Yup he's high. Nah, jus playin.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Just kidding.

Calendar has some tricks to it to make selections.

In list mode use left or right to select an item.

In regular day mode, press center to select an item.

You will notice the highlight on the selectedt item change to light blue. You will also see the buttons now have focus so you can press center on any of them.
    thanks, but when I go to the list view, the 'details' button is highlighted and pressing right or left simply scrolls the highlight between the 'details', 'go' and 'prefs' buttons. Up or down does nothing, and a center press does nothing.
    Originally posted by fgkay

thanks, but when I go to the list view, the 'details' button is highlighted and pressing right or left simply scrolls the highlight between the 'details', 'go' and 'prefs' buttons. Up or down does nothing, and a center press does nothing.
    When Details is highlighted, you should be able to press left or up to return scrolling through the list, or right to move on to Go and Prefs. In the list, up and down take you through the list, and right selects an item, highlighting Details at the same time.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've actually had a similar issue. I start up my calendar in the list view and when i went to it last night the details button was missing and i couldnt click on any of the list entries, even with the stylus. I could only access the appointments by switching to another view. Today, it works just fine. Strange.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by kmwmtd

When Details is highlighted, you should be able to press left or up to return scrolling through the list, or right to move on to Go and Prefs. In the list, up and down take you through the list, and right selects an item, highlighting Details at the same time.
    No-go ... can't move the focus to the list ... i can only move highlight between buttons. I just performed a hard reset and re-synced ... no change.
    I can see a horizontal selection bar in the List view at all times. What List View preference items do you have set - perhaps that is affecting this?

Ever have DateBk5 installed - could be some lingering file from this app interfering?

Just checking - you are not talking about week view are you? Week view is weak in terms of what you can do.
  9. dre
    It seems that whether one can scroll through the entries using the 5way in the "list" view in the Calendar software depends on whether an "item" was highlighted prior to selecting the list view.

Try this: Select day view. Select an entry (an item, not an hour). With that item still selected, then select the list view. Notice that the same item is highlighted in the list. Use the 5way to scroll.

Try this: Select the day view. Do not select an entry. Without any entry selected, then select the list view. Notice that no item in the list is highlighted. Details is now highlighted. No combination of simple presses of 5way nor attempts to select directly on the screen with the pen will select an item in the list view.

Is this a bug or a design feature. Probably depends on who you ask.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    I can see a horizontal selection bar in the List view at all times. What List View preference items do you have set - perhaps that is affecting this?

Ever have DateBk5 installed - could be some lingering file from this app interfering?

Just checking - you are not talking about week view are you? Week view is weak in terms of what you can do.
    This is the "List" view -- the one that displays a running list of all appointments from the calendar. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen there are two small arrows -- one pointing up, the other down. Under 'List Preferences' I have the following options enabled:

Calendar: Appt
    To Do: All
    Show: Day Name
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by dre
    It seems that whether one can scroll through the entries using the 5way in the "list" view in the Calendar software depends on whether an "item" was highlighted prior to selecting the list view.

Try this: Select day view. Select an entry (an item, not an hour). With that item still selected, then select the list view. Notice that the same item is highlighted in the list. Use the 5way to scroll.

Try this: Select the day view. Do not select an entry. Without any entry selected, then select the list view. Notice that no item in the list is highlighted. Details is now highlighted. No combination of simple presses of 5way nor attempts to select directly on the screen with the pen will select an item in the list view.

Is this a bug or a design feature. Probably depends on who you ask.
    This has to be a bug. Why would there be a 'Details' button in the list view but no way to select/open a record?

Did another hard reset and this time did not sync. Added a few appts -- same behavior.
    I still get an items selected by default when I get to list view. How are you getting to the view? Perhaps this relates to the way you get to the view. I mapped my calendar button to cyle thru day, month, list views. I get the same result when I tap on the view icon in the bottom right corner.