Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is a great new feature in the Treo 600 that I didn't see get much coverage here (and excuse me if it did, but I couldn't find it)

This feature takes care of message alerts (like SMS, voicemail, email notification from SnapperMail), and alarms (like appointments from datebook, etc). If you don't acknowledge such alarms/notifications or you hit Snooze, you get a flashing asterisk in the upper left corner wherever you are. When click on the asterisk you get a list of all such unacknowledged alarms and notifications with check boxes next to each of them. It ALSO beeps every so often asking you to acknowledge them.

When you are looking that that list, you can click on an item to go to it directly or click the checkbox to acknowledge it without going there.

I love it! Who needs an alert manager when you have an OS built-in, elegant and centralized way to do it that is much more effective! The only thing I haven't figured out is how to control the frequency of its beeping to remind you to look at the list. It seems to do it every 5 minutes, but that's a small price to pay to not lose any of those precious alerts. It would be tricky to ask you how long you want to snooze when the repeating alarm you get is for the whole list, not just the one alrm you are snoozing.
    yeah, I noticed that. Pretty cool. My problem is that 3rd party apps., in my KeyDates in the KeySuite application, has problems with the actual initial alarm going off and waking up the device. I guess as long as you still to the build in apps, the alarm/reminders are pretty good.
    That feature has been around since Palm OS 4 but good find anyway
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    That feature has been around since Palm OS 4 but good find anyway
    Good to know We were stuck in 3.X land with Handspring so we didn't see it
    Originally posted by silverado

Good to know We were stuck in 3.X land with Handspring so we didn't see it
    That's true....I forgot the Treo 300 used OS 3.5
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Don't get too excited. When I tested it you will get 5 min alerts if you pushed the snooze button, but if you didn't acknowledge it at all you will only get one reminder in 15 minutes then no more.
    Originally posted by netnut2004
    Don't get too excited. When I tested it you will get 5 min alerts if you pushed the snooze button, but if you didn't acknowledge it at all you will only get one reminder in 15 minutes then no more.
    Yeah, no kidding. I sent myself an email that was forwarded to my Treo 600 via SMS. It appeared on the screen, squeeked once and just sat there for over 10 hours without another peep.

Still waiting on TreoAlertMgr for the 600
    The alarm manager rocks but I have been having one problem.

I can not figure out how to "click" on that flashing star using just the 5 way system.

I will have multiple alerts. Go to one to change the time. Then the star flashes but I can't figure out how to click on it with just he 5 way.

Any ideas?

thanks
    Andrew
    sorry but the built in just doesn't get it for me. I need more, like the nag feature, choose different alarm sound, vibrate and select how often I'm reminded.
    I'm currently beta testing TreoAlertMgr for PDAapps, and it has all these features. So far testing is going well.
    I am also beta testing the Alert Manager. I think it will be released this week.
    I agree, I need a constant nag. I can not affort to miss a page or a text message from a client. I did see the little star, but did no click on it. Pretty cool, but I still need to be nagged.
    Carl
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    I am also beta testing the Alert Manager. I think it will be released this week.
    I agree, I need a constant nag. I can not affort to miss a page or a text message from a client. I did see the little star, but did no click on it. Pretty cool, but I still need to be nagged.
    does the beta version to alert mangarer work with the key board lock in play?
    Good question. I loaded it today and my T600 sat on my desk all day. I have shut off the automatic keylock. It got to be way to annoying. Now I only lock the keyboard (manually) when I drop the phone in my pocket. I was out for a while this evening, had the phone locked but did not get any alerts. I will check it out.

One this I did do tonight was make the mistake of putting my car key in the same pocket as my Treo. No damange done. However I dont know if that was dumb luck or a tough screen.
    Carl
    the reason i ask that is because snappermail audio alerts do not work when the key board lock is on. i need something that does i'm hoping treo alert will.
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    the reason i ask that is because snappermail audio alerts do not work when the key board lock is on. i need something that does i'm hoping treo alert will.
    OK here's what I've found so far in beta testing.

TreoAlertMgr works with DateBook, SMS, Missed Calls and VM with the Keyguard off or on, once the screen turns off. I have mine set for 2mins.

Also in reference to Snappermail alerts. I was able to get the nag alerts with or without Keyguard on.

TreoAlertMgr is going to be a must app for me.
    Last edited by imageone; 10/28/2003 at 10:41 AM.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    when, when, when, when!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think I need every app by pdaapps!
    Originally posted by JTREOB

does the beta version to alert mangarer work with the key board lock in play?
    The Alert Manager works perfectly with the keyboard lock on.
    Carl
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

The Alert Manager works perfectly with the keyboard lock on.
    Has PDAAPPS asked for your beta testing feedback yet so we can get this app onto OUR Treo's soon
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Here's the link:

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/

This is still the verson for the 300 right? The 600 version is not out yet..

Josh
    Originally posted by imageone
    [B

Also in reference to Snappermail alerts. I was able to get the nag alerts with or without Keyguard on.

[/B]
    i can get the vibration alert with snapper no problem. i can not consistantly get the audio alert with keyguard on. others have complained on this issue as well.

let me understand this, your getting audio alerts consistantly when the keyguard is on? no problems?

have you any idea when treo alert for the 600 will be released?
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/29/2003 at 01:01 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast