Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any one get any update on when this will be release?...It makes your phone act like a pager. If you get a voicemail...SMS..email...or the like...AlertManager will have your phone to keep either ringing..vibrating..or chiming (etc) over and over again until you touch the screen or the keyboard etc... These are the same folks who made Treo600SMS and Vertchat...very good products!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I've been waiting for this also.... I have a thread started in the "utilites software" forum, and also have not bites. I got an email from PDAApps that said it was "coming soon". Guess they got that from Sprint. Someone else posted in some other thread a while back that it would be about the 25th of this month. Holler if you see it.
    Carl
  3.    #3  
    Man,

I'll post as soon as I hear or see something. The night Treo600SMS came out...I had that thing DL's and installed ASAP.
    The guys at PDAAPPS are great..and tech support is on time!!

iGO
    Yup, I emailed PDAapps a while ago about both trealertmgr and Treo600SMS. They said they were working on both of them and they would be released soon, and happily Treo60SMS was released...I think altermgr will be out in a few weeks at the latest...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Anybody hear anything about this software coming out?

IGO
    I have just received a beta of this app from PDAApps and will be testing it out today. I will post more info later. PDAApps has indicated if the beta does not uncover any issues, general availability will be later this week. I guess at least one bug has already been discovered and corrected as I received 2 updates.
    Carl
    I had some trouble installing this. I had an old version of Treo300 alert manager and my hot sync failed. So I tried to delete the old version, but no matter what I tried I could not delete the old version of the software (it was disabled). I tried to do a soft reset, but still could not delete the old app. I finally had to delete the Treo Alert Manager out of my backup folder on my laptop and then do a hard reset and resync everything. (obviously that worked). When I installed the T600 version after the hard reset and restore, my Treo did a soft reset. But a subsequent hot sync worked fine and now the application seems to work fine. The interface is the same as the T300 program and it traps monitors for, text messages (pages), missed calls and voice mails.

I also like that your "nag" tone can be different from your voice mail or text message tone. I use "triange" for a voice mail tone and "treo classic" for my text message/page tone, but for the nag I perfer just a simple alart sound.

Way to go PDAApps!
    Carl
  8.    #8  
    Carl....

Find any bugs?........Mine is working well.

IGO
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I received a beta version of Treo Alert Manager (TAM) last night and here are my results so far:

Test Scenario 1: Call phone and let it go to voice mail. TAM worked well and "nagged me" until I hit the OK button. This was on vibrate and worked also on sound mode.

Test Scenario 2: Call phone and leave no message. TAM worked fine again. Nagged me right away both in vibrate and in sound.

The only issue I have found so far is that once TAM starts naggin you and you ignore it and the screen eventually turns off on its own (from your prefs display menu setting) TAM keeps buggin you via a noise or vibrate (if switch is on silent) but it does not make the screen light up again.

Maybe a minor bug or was it designed this way to save battery life?
    Sounds great. Can someone check to see if it will notify you of a missed call while browsing? And if so, do you get the notification immediately?
    On my Orange GSM it turns on the screen when I'm running PocketTunes. Know for a fact that it is related to AlertManager because it does it exactly with the time interval that I've set for alerts.

Reported it to PDAApps and they're looking into it.

Note that I'm running Dis Buttons and have disabled KeyGuard.
    So far I've had "NO" trouble at all with TreoAlertMgr on the 600.

working fine with:
    missed calls
    VM
    SMS (running TreoSMS)
    datebook alerts
    Snappermail new message alerts

I have tried this several times over the last few days with the Treo's "keyguard" off and on, and it's working both ways!!.
    Not one crash or freeze.

And I like that the screen "doesn't" come on during a alert. That would just kill more battery.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    PDAapps confirmed what I thought. It is a feature not a bug. I like this too.

Thank you for your comments.

The non-lighting up of the screen is as designed, like you said, to save battery life.

PDAapps
    Any idea on the release date? I'm missing a lot of calls.
  15.    #15  
    Last I heard ....was later this week. I really don't know why I received a beta version in the mail. Perhaps they saw me bragging so much about their products ..Verichat and Treo300 SMS and Treo600SMS. With all the email that I've sent to them.. they probably know me by name......LOL

IGO
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Last I heard ....was later this week. I really don't know why I received a beta version in the mail. Perhaps they saw me bragging so much about their products ..Verichat and Treo300 SMS and Treo600SMS. With all the email that I've sent to them.. they probably know me by name......LOL

IGO
    what was the version you received from pda apps for beta? i received a version from pda apps today that is not working.

with regards to alerts i prefer treo alert however the 600 does lock the screen once you receive a call. thus when you go to turn the unit on or check the screen it advises you of a missed call and from what number. a nice addition vs the 300.

snapper mail alerts me every 10 minutes of unfetched e mails.
    but only when the keyboard lock is off.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/31/2003 at 01:37 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Received 2.01b I believe...

IGO
    Mine also doesn't seem to be working either and I received it yesterday. It's version 2.02.
    same 2.02 from pda apps. and it's not working at all. clean house with previous version still no go.
    I received version 2.02 yesterday and it doesn't work either (surprise!). Looks like they missed something when they bumped up the version and got rid of the beta designation!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast