Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just got an email from pdaapps with version 2.03. Seems to be working great. In their email they apologized for the "buggy" 2.02 version.
    Same here. On another note, is anyone using Databook 5? It appears to me that AlertManager doesn't work with Datebook 5. I suspect it's because Datebook 5 uses it's an alarm system rather than the system one. All the other alerts work great though.
    I just downloaded and installed TAM 2.03, but I'm getting a weird bug:

If my treo600 is connected to power and TAM is enabled, and I don't have any unacknowledged events (nothing to nag about), my treo turns on every 50 seconds (the interval set in TAM).

When I push the screen off button, the screen goes off, but pops back on 50 seconds later. Is that a bug or a feature? It won't hurt the battery because its charging, but I'm worried about wear and tear on the screen and such being on when not needed.

Any ideas? The problem went away when I disabled TAM...
    Originally posted by jmcnaught
    I just downloaded and installed TAM 2.03, but I'm getting a weird bug:

If my treo600 is connected to power and TAM is enabled, and I don't have any unacknowledged events (nothing to nag about), my treo turns on every 50 seconds (the interval set in TAM).

When I push the screen off button, the screen goes off, but pops back on 50 seconds later. Is that a bug or a feature? It won't hurt the battery because its charging, but I'm worried about wear and tear on the screen and such being on when not needed.

Any ideas? The problem went away when I disabled TAM...
    I've noticed the same thing with my 600. The problem seems to be intermittent and I haven't confirmed that TAM is the cause. I'd be interested to know if anyone has identified the cause(s) for the 600 occasionally "lighting" up.
    On my T600 alertmgr 2.03 works great for sms or events in the calendar, but it does not works for missed calls.

any hints ?

I have a gsm international version of the T600
    Ciao

Ettore
    Originally posted by treotim

I've noticed the same thing with my 600. The problem seems to be intermittent and I haven't confirmed that TAM is the cause. I'd be interested to know if anyone has identified the cause(s) for the 600 occasionally "lighting" up.
    There is a known issue with TAM causing the Treo 600 to wake up randomly that has been discussed before in another forum.

Only known work around:

You must make sure the interval set in TAM is no less than 120 seconds.
    Last edited by skillllllz; 01/04/2004 at 09:55 AM.
    Does it works for you ?

On my T600 it works well for missed alarms and SMS, but not for missed calls.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Works on missed calls for me.
    Matt
    I have tried 2.02 and 2.03 and neither one will work AT ALL. It is a total dud. I have a Cingular branded T600 in Israel running (perfectly) on my Orange GSM network.
    Is there something I don't know about this program? What happens when you tap on "apply"? My program just stays put and nothing happens. I never get any alerts. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by badilman; 01/11/2004 at 06:31 AM.
    I'm wouldn't think gsm makes a difference. Make sure you completely delete 2.02 b4 loading 2.03.

add file z (free) delete using file z. you may see a treo alert db file that won't delete with first effort. if you do. do a soft reset then delete it via file z this should totally delete all app. files. then load 2.03

make sure its enabled upper right box of treo alert app
    set 60 sec between alerts
    try another alert tone

hope this helps!

filez is free at www.palmgear.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12