1.    #1  
    Hi,

Got my Treo 600 today and I am VERY impressed.

Couple of quick comments Verichat is fantastic - better than I expected.

One thing. I need a good SSH client. I tried TuSSH which looks good, but it has a problem when more than 30 odd characters are required to be displayed. Any ideas of any alternatives?
    *sigh*
    Wish that orange.uk had a sms gateway so that we could use Verichat. Sounds like a great program.
  3.    #3  
    Mines with Orange and Verichat works just great
    Haven't used it very much, but I've gotten some rudimentary things done with topgun ssh.

http://www.ai/~iang/TGssh/
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Originally posted by saddler
    Hi,

One thing. I need a good SSH client. I tried TuSSH which looks good, but it has a problem when more than 30 odd characters are required to be displayed. Any ideas of any alternatives?
    Have you tried Top Gtun ssh?

http://online.offshore.com.ai/~iang/TGssh/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    jojcat, will it run on the Treo 600?
    Yes, I tested it out briefly when I got my 600 a couple days ago, and it seemed ok...
    Nice People Suck Less.
  8.    #8  
    whats the worst that can happen if it causes a problem?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Forget TGSSH - try Mocha Telnet. It has a much better interface, supports SSH2, and only has 1 file to install. I've used it on my 270, and it runs ok on the Treo 600 emulator (still waiting for the real thing)

http://www.mochasoft.dk/palm.html

Not free, but much better than TGSSH IMHO
  10.    #10  
    go it.. does it have a trial.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Yes, downloadable demo with nag screen, but fully working.
  12.    #12  
    Looks good. Seems to have a few quirks, but looks better than the others.

I have this error when logging on to a server...

Unknow terminal VT220 in $TERM

Is that something server side I need to look at?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    oops I forgot about that error. (I've gotten so used to it) The only thing it affects is that it sends a double-enter every time you hit the enter key. I haven't tried to fix it yet since it hasn't been a problem for me. If you find a fix though, let me know. (I wish they would just make it vt100 and be done with it)
  14.    #14  
    it does say VT100 is supported ?!?

its just that one of the most used commands that I will do with the Treo is "top" and this doesnt work
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    It must be something server side then - I'm using top right now on my 270 and it looks fine. (same with pine) My server is redhat 9, whatever that's worth.
    Mines with Orange and Verichat works just great
    Ooh do tell! How did you set up the e-mail alert?
  17.    #17  
    Do you mean the verification code? If so, I just got it sent to the email address on my PC, worked fine.

Also got Mocha working, I had downloaded the wrong version fist of all! Everything is just gret at the moment
    Actually I was referring to the SMS notification that is meant to be sent to you when the t600 is in standby mode (IE when you would usally appear offline, verichat keeps you logged in and notifies you of events by posting notification to your mobile number via e-mail.
    You can fix your term problems by changing the default term your client sets. After logging in, type:

For ksh/bash/sh:
    export TERM=vt100

For csh/tcsh:
    setenv TERM vt100

You can set this in your shell's startup script if you want to stop the hastle. Though the client software should allow you to do this.
    Originally posted by saddler
    Also got Mocha working, I had downloaded the wrong version fist of all! Everything is just gret at the moment
    Did you also get the double LF fixed? Both vt220 and vt100 result in one line feed turning into two...

Thanks!