1.    #1  
    I stopped in to my local Best Buy in Bolingbrook, IL and was talking to the Best Buy Rep and the Sprint Rep and they both said that they will carry the Treo 600. They stated that if you wanted to buy one, they have them in the warehouse and can order it but they should have them in stock in 2 days. I told them I thought they weren't going to carry the Treo and they said they changed that as of 3 days ago. I don't know if they full of **** or not, but I already have mine. Take it for what it's worth.
    I got the same story on Saturday. So it looks like they will be carrying it.
    So for those of you who bought the 300 w/protection plan, I guess now would be a good time to have it break!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yup, I was told the same thing by a sales rep the other day. As far as deciding three days ago...I think mostly likely the that sales rep had no clue what he/she was talking about. All they know is that BB dropped the Treo300 (hence dropped Handspring), and then magically will carrry the Treo600 (and hence decided to re-carry Handspring). All they know is what they're told the week prior to when a device is released, so it's not unpredictable for them not to know anything in advance...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. NBP
    This would come as no surprise. As an "authorized retailer" of Sprint PCS products, they are somewhat beholden to the products that Sprint pushes upon them. Best Buy does not have sole discretion over which products they can carry (speaking only of store-in-store concepts).
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there was any new news regarding Best Buy and the Treo 600 such as in-stock dates, etc...

Thanks!

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    I'm wondering too about Best Buy. I bought an extended warranty for an IPAQ I'm hoping to trade in towards a Treo 600. Has anyone called or stopped in recently? I believe I read in a previous post they would start making room for the display on the 24th, so maybe that means they planned to receive their shipment by then.
    It's the 24th now! Anyone have any fun news for me??

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Well I made a few calls to Best Buys in my area. Found one in my area with 3 in stock. I'm posting from my\
    > ...I'm posting from my\

Discoed?

Giggle.
    lol... I was posting from my new Treo600... It's charging now. So Best Buy does have them. I had to call 3 stores to find any, though I suspect the first two may have had them (the people I talked to didn't sound very informed or sure of themselves).

Call around. They weren't on display yet from the Best Buy I picked mine up at. I was able to return a faulty Ipaq towards the purchase of my Treo 600 thanks to an extended warrenty, though I was required to activate my Sprint service immediately in store (no biggie because I only have a month left on my AT&T service). Good luck! It's a lot of fun so far.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just called a couple Best Bys in the MA area and they had no idea what they were or if they were going to get them
    Best Buy told me said only thier top 100 stores will carry the Treo 600
    Just curious, but why the need to buy from Best Buy? I like the store and all, but why the need to buy a 600 from Best Buy in particular???
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just figured that if they had one, I would buy it tonight. The impulse gratification thing..
    In my case I had a faulty ipaq purchased for $500 with a 3 year extended warranty 2 months from expiration I wanted to utilize. Total price out the door for me was $149.99 with a new 2 year phone extended warranty. Plus I plan to try to get a $100 service credit. PLUS I get a 25% discount off my Sprint bill through my company. OK now I'm bragging but I'm stoked. Typing from it now, lots of fun.
    For those salespeople that don't know what you're talking about, give them the SKU# 6111977
    The device is called HSTR600HK SPRINT HANDSPRING SMART DEVICE