Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All, when I go to change the timezone in the "Date & Time" menu, I get an outline of a box and then when I randomly click around the screen I get the different timezone.

Just mine, or anyone else?
    Originally posted by ldormon
    All, when I go to change the timezone in the "Date & Time" menu, I get an outline of a box and then when I randomly click around the screen I get the different timezone.

Not mine.
    I have mine just set to sync with Sprint's time. That way, no matter what time zone I'm in, when I turn it on, it just sync's right up.
    Originally posted by ldormon

I had some UI problems with time zones when I created a new city in CityTime, when the time zone of the city I had created did not match the one in preferences. I picked one of the pre-defined cities which matched, and the problem went away.
    ldormon

I had the same problem. When I tried to change the time zone under the date & time pref. I also couldn't access city time. The device would freeze up and soft reset. This was while I was messing with the device before I activated the phone service.

Once the phone service was activated I switched to "Enable Local Network Time" and that seemed to fix it. I can access Citytime no problem now.
  6.    #6  
    Strange, I did a hard reset and its all fixed. I have being mucking about with it quite alot thou.
    City Time is off in mine too, but because of sprint's auto sync'ing. It sync's as something other than central, and makes me try and select a new home city from my time zone per the auto network settings, so changed from auto to manual to my actual time zone and all is fine.

Rey :)
    Originally posted by stingrey
    City Time is off in mine too, but because of sprint's auto sync'ing. It sync's as something other than central, and makes me try and select a new home city from my time zone per the auto network settings
    Which is VERY odd, because I'm in Eastern, and CityTime for me thinks I'm in central when my Treo is set to auto-set.

I'd rather keep it to auto-set the time, so I don't have to worry about keeping it current myself. I guess I could manually change it to auto-set occasionally, just to make sure it's on-track, but it'd be nice if it really knew what timezone you're in with that setting. That gives me real faith in all this great E-911 location-type stuff the carriers are working on...

- Mike
    If you enable local time in the Prefs, that's what you get -- the local time from Sprint.

City Time is different. You have to input your home city and the time zone you are in. Now my city is not in the list of cities. So I did a Google search with location ... "West Palm Beach, FL latitude and longitude" and one result was USA Today weather that listed the lat & long. Added my city, entered the lat & lond and time zone. Ba Da Bing ... no probs.

Everything went smoothly, even changed for DST.

Hope that helps ... Tom
    CityTime takes the timezone from the Date/Time Preference.

But when you check the box to set via the network, it doesn't have an option for timezone. CityTime seems to think I'm in central time when I have it set to automatic in Date/Time Pref, but I'm not. And I have no way to tell it Eastern, aside from going through the dialog box to change my location after telling it I'm in a midwest city I'm not.

- Mike
    i have exact same problem, keeps asking me to choose a city in central zone.
    annoying bug with the sprint time setting.
    Yeah, me too. I'm in Washington, D.C. and it keeps on asking me to choose Chicago. Ack.
    I had the same problem as you ... if you select local network time, your DST will adjust accodingly.

If you follow the procedure in my post above this will be fixed. City Time and Local Network Time do not talk to one another. You have to set them up separately.

Trust me, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.

Seriously, what I outlined above does work.
    I started another thread on this awhile back.

My phone always thinks I am in CENTRAL time when I enable Sprints network to sync it.

The CITY TIME issue is just a result of Sprints network time being fouled up.

City time NOW only lets you choose cities in your time zone, and since it thinks you are in central, it always lets you only pick Central cities.

There is no problem with CIty TIme, the issue is with Sorint.

I called them and they said to bring it into the store for a software upgrade and the store of course didn't know anything about software upgrades.

People in Central time zone should be fine.

And the TIME will be right in other time zones, but the ZONE and DST will be wrong because of Sprints network signal.

So besdies City time being a problem everything else should be ok

Mike
    Actually, it seems to be a problem only the eastern time zone as far as my experience goes. I live in SoCal and that gets updated without any issue. Travelling to Phoenix or other places in Mountain time gets me the right time zone, same thing for Central time in Houston and others...

But today, I'm in Pittsburgh and the system still thinks this is Central time, fooling CityTime and, more importantly, DateBk5...

I'm traveling through a bunch of different cities in the upcomming weeks (Seattle, Portland, Boston, Baltimore, Montreal, etc.) so I'll try and see if this is global to the eastern seaboard or only to some local.

Of course, if people from the Eastern Time Zone could tell us which timezone their Treo think it is in, that'd be faster

Maybe this should be a poll ?
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I'm in San Jose. Sometimes it thinks I'm in Alaska. My guess is that Sprint is sending out something wrong dealing with DST.
    I have the world in my Palm
    I'm in the eastern time zone and when DST changed I had no problems.

I did see something else though ...

Go to City Time & hit Menu, then Utilities, then Change Location. See what your city is that your Treo 600 is "living" in and see if it matches where you are. If it is in the central time zone, tell it you are moving to your real city and see if that does the trick.

BTW, did you all get yours shipped to you or did you get it at a store? I bought mine thru an upgrade and picked it up from a local Sprint store. They provisioned it while I waited ... maybe this is the problem.
    I got mine from Best Buy on 10/25. Rev B.

My problem is a little different from what other people have.
    About 10% of the time when I launch CityTime, the Change Location dialog pops up, and says I'm moving from "Anchorage"
    I have the world in my Palm
    I've had my treo 3 days and have experienced the same problem. I live in california and when I try to use the network time checkbox CityTime thinks I am in Alaska.

I had a sprint tech log a ticket for this, but got a call back from somebody who read the instructions for date and time setup from the manual. They need someone outside the central timezone to investigate this one, I think.

Anyone have any new info on this problem?
    I'm in central and the network sets me to mountain with dst on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast