Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 had been working fine but all of a sudden this morning my cookies all reset.

Now whenever I go to a site and put in a username and password, it still doesnt recognize me as a user. It just cycles me back to the 'enter username and password' type of screen. Anyone else experiencing this? How do I fix it?
    Hi there,

Kevin from Handspring here. Itís my understanding that Sprint is still tweaking its servers on the backend for cookies, so this may well be your problem. Check your cache in Blazer to see if it's been reset.

Hope this helps,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  3.    #3  
    thank you!
    I don't know what causes it, but it is a problem. Solution: Synch your phone with your PC. That will save all your data. Do a hard reset. Resynch to get your data back. You'll be fine! Cookies will work!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    just use filez (available at palmgear) and delete the web_cookies file on your Treo. All will be lost, but it will start to save new cookies.
    A hard reset is no big deal! Just synch first and then after and you'll lose nothing! I did it. I even got all my prefs back. Apps, pics, contacts, favs, everything.
    Tried hard reset and downloaded Filez and deleted cookie file and have been to a number of sites and still shows 0 cookies. Any other suggestions, or is Sprint tweaking system, as suggested by kevin.
    Originally posted by FlyNTreo600
    Tried hard reset and downloaded Filez and deleted cookie file and have been to a number of sites and still shows 0 cookies. Any other suggestions, or is Sprint tweaking system, as suggested by kevin.
    In my experience the preferences screen will always show 0 bytes of cookies, even when Blazer does have cookies stored. It's apparently a bug...
    go to the app launcher (or "home")
    Select the Delte menu item.
    Delete your webcookies database.

That worked for me.
    Ok! I have tried all the recomendations!

1) Syncked to PC
    2) Hard Reset
    3) Delete Wb Cookies
    4) Brows to Treo Cental Discussions

And I still get Not Cookied!

Home some one can help with this the Vision Tech Support was no help at ALL
    I just got the phone today. So far I can't log on to ANY of the sites that I used with the 300.
    I know the guys who work on Blazer. If you mail me your web cookies PDB file from the Treo 600, I will pass it on to them. I'll bet the file is corrupt - it might help if I pass them the files. They say they have not seen this problem at all in their testing. Send it to webcookies@softhome.net. Don't send me a file that actually has any important cookies in it - I guarantee that the files will be destroyed and no privacy compromised.

To get the file to your desktop, use Filez or another attribute editor to flip the Backup bit on the file. Then synch and you will find Web_Cookies.PDB in the Backup folder in your username folder.

Please do not send me a cookies file if the problem is related to access to a particular banking or trading site. This is a common issue caused by the web servers which refuse the Blazer browser identification tag.
    Last edited by webcookies; 10/23/2003 at 08:25 PM.
    Originally posted by sksanyal
    Ok! I have tried all the recomendations!

1) Syncked to PC
    2) Hard Reset
    3) Delete Wb Cookies
    4) Brows to Treo Cental Discussions

And I still get Not Cookied!

Home some one can help with this the Vision Tech Support was no help at ALL
    Deleting Web_Cookies will work, but you must make sure that the web site that you have been attempting to log on to without success is NOT still in the Web browser cache. Before you delete the Web_Cookie file, go to the browser and load Sprint's or, better, Handspring's link page. THEN, go kill the Web_Cookie file.

This should work.
    << kurifu >>
    Although I see from the thread that this does not seem to work for everyone it did for me: just delete the Web Cookies file (go to the launcher and pull down the "delete ..." menu, scroll down to "Web Cookies" and delete)... viola! cookies work again.

Oddly it did not seem to wipe out my Yahoo link (which contains a login I thought via cookie) but the problems on other sites have cleared up.

Of course of this simple fix doesn't work try the hard reset.

I gotta say, this board has been great.. thanks all.
    I just wanted to mention that I did the hard reset trick today and now have Cookies for the first time. It's like a whole new world now...!
    IT WORKS - had the same problem and it is FIXED. YEAH! Thanks to everyone for contributing to the discussion. Board has been a real blessing and very informative. Keep posting!

Originally posted by guycassie
    Although I see from the thread that this does not seem to work for everyone it did for me: just delete the Web Cookies file (go to the launcher and pull down the "delete ..." menu, scroll down to "Web Cookies" and delete)... viola! cookies work again.

Oddly it did not seem to wipe out my Yahoo link (which contains a login I thought via cookie) but the problems on other sites have cleared up.

Of course of this simple fix doesn't work try the hard reset.

I gotta say, this board has been great.. thanks all.
    Great. I had the same problem since 2 days. I just deleted Webcookies with Filez, done a soft reset and all is OK!
    Thanks to all
    Same worked for me....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings.

I too am having trouble logging onto sites which require cookies. My problem is that I can't set my Blazer to accept cookies.

I've already gone to preferences and set the blazer to accept cookies...but, no cookies are set.

I've tried deleting the Web Cookies file...nothing there, just 3 files and none are the cookies file.

Any and all help is appreciated.

BTW, one of the sites I'm trying to access is Netflix.com.

Cheers!
    Does it matter whether you use FileZ to delete the Web Cookies, or just use the Delete function in the launcher? Any difference?

Thanks, guys and gals.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast