1.    #1  
    With my old Visor, I think I was able to have the alarm sounds repeat however many times I wanted...1,2,3,4 times, etc. I haven't been able to find a way to do this on the 600. Whatever sound I choose for the phone (or SMS, or Calendar), it only plays one time to let me know something has happened, and then I never hear from it again. So if I've chosen a short sound for, say, SMS and I happen to not hear it the first time, I'm never alerted by it again. Is there any way to get these sounds to repeat XX number of times, or until I take some action?
    in calendar/menu/options/sound preferences/tones - you'll see the good old settings for repeating alarms, etc. SMS or voicemail is another story - can't do it without 3rd party. Good luck.
    With the earlier Treos you could use TreoAlertMgr from pdaApps, but they have not yet released it for the 600.

In the meantime, I created a ringtone you could use that would have a similar effect. It starts off with 5 seconds of silence then has a short chime once every 5 seconds for almost 3 minutes. The first couple chimes start soft, then get loud thereafter. The beginning silence allows you to have your vibrate on also, so when you get an SMS and you answer it right away, it doesn't chime.

You can download it from your phone at http://www.pursuitwatch.com/alert1.mid

BTW, you also need to set your display to turn off at no less than 3 minutes otherwise a shorter setting will stop playing the ringtone.

Alternatively, I have another ringtone that gives a chime once every 5 minutes for 2 hours. You'll need a utility to keep the screen from shutting off for a longer period of time (however long you want the chimes to go off) such as Auto Off 1.2b. The only problem with this long ringtone, however, is that it takes about 5 seconds for the Treo to load it every time it wants to play it which prevents the phone from responding to any of your button clicks while it's loading which could be annoying if you are chatting back and forth. That is why I went to the 3 minute tone instead. BTW, they are both small files (5k). Here is the long ringtone:
    http://www.pursuitwatch.com/alertpersist.mid
    Last edited by netnut2004; 10/21/2003 at 09:51 AM.
    I can not seem to locate the short alarm... can anyone else find it?
    There is a great feature in the 600 that takes care of repeating SMS, voicemail, and all alarms. If you don't acknowledge such alarms/notifications or you hit Snooze, you get a flashing asterisk in the upper left corner. When klick on it it shows you the list of all unacknowledged alarms with check boxes next to them. It ALSO beeps every so often asking you to acknowledge them. I love it.
    Originally posted by silverado
    There is a great feature in the 600 that takes care of repeating SMS, voicemail, and all alarms. If you don't acknowledge such alarms/notifications or you hit Snooze, you get a flashing asterisk in the upper left corner. When klick on it it shows you the list of all unacknowledged alarms with check boxes next to them. It ALSO beeps every so often asking you to acknowledge them. I love it.
    WOW ... I did not know this. That is good to know.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info folks! netnut2004, as one of the other posters mentioned, we can't seem to get to the shorter of the two tones you listed, the alert2.mid file. The link you posted just takes you to the PursuitWatch hompage, so I'm assuming there's something wrong with that link. The alertpersist.mid link did work ok.

[never mind....I see you just changed that link, and it does work. Apparently you and I were typing updates at exactly the same time!]
    Originally posted by jojobah
    I can not seem to locate the short alarm... can anyone else find it?
    Try again now.
    I tried testing out the built in repeat alerts if you get an SMS and don't acknowledge it. It sounds again after 15 minutes but doesn't seem to do it anymore than that.
    netnut2004...

Any thoughts on the following problem. I have the new version of KeySuite. No problems with the alarm in KeyDates going off when the defice is on and and event alarm goes off. My problem is that when the device if off, the screen comes on to acknoledge the alarm but no sound is heard from alarm. It is however heard if you have set it to go off repeatadly (ie. 3 times ever 5min.). Software problem with KeySuite of something with the Palm OS? Any thoughts appreciated.