Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    About NetFront
    NetFront v3.0 supports the WAP 2.0 specification as well as the latest W3C specifications, including support for HTML 4.01, XHTML (XHTML Mobile Profile), CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and SSL v3.0 (Secure Socket Layer). NetFront v3.0 also provides unique features such as Smart-FitT rendering, a display technology that intelligently renders Web pages to fit the narrow screen widths of mobile devices, eliminating the need for horizontal scrolling while enabling an uncompromised mobile browsing experience.
    I used the Netfront browser last month with the new Sony Slie UX50. The browser sucks!
    Hi guys --

Not sure what your question is, but Blazer 3 is a customized version of the NetFront technology.

I'm not sure why there is a whimper of dissatisfaction about NetFront on the UX50, but that's actually a pretty cool device, and the browser works well on it...

Again, same browser core on both, Handspring does have some custom routines and UI in it however.
    Well even though they may be the same, has anyone tried to use the UX50 version of Netfront on the Treo600? Would it even be compatible?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/21/2003 at 02:01 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Well even though they may be the same, has anyone tried to use the UZ50 version of Netfront on the Treo600? Would it even be compatible?

Hmm... UZ-50? That X-Z translation seems like a transition to the new KB. So I guess you have your T6 now?
    Blazer 3.0 is the Netfront Browser.

http://www.telephonyworld.com/cgi-bi...&id=1066698011