1.    #1  
    I use to be able to send a receive text messages with shortmail to my friend on t-mobile. He still receives them, but when he sends it back to me i don't get notified i have shortmail. I can send myself one to teh ####@messsages.sprintpcs.com but if he does it the old way, with just the # it won't work anymore. Any ideas on this?

I installed that Treo600sms software as well to use. I do receive it in the shortmail portion of the web, but no notification.
    Treo 600
    Hmm...thats strange. It works fie for me on my T300...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else?!
    Treo 600
    Mine works fine.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    [QUOTE I can send myself one to teh ####@messsages.sprintpcs.com but if he does it the old way, with just the # it won't work anymore. Any ideas on this?

I installed that Treo600sms software as well to use. I do receive it in the shortmail portion of the web, but no notification. [/B][/QUOTE]

Isn't the SMS address XXXX@messagING.sprintpcs.com? Above you wrote messages instead of messaging.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Do this little test:

Go to http://www.sprintpcs.com

At the bottom click on the "Send a Wireles Web Message" link

Send youself a message

If you get it, then all is well with your SMS, but you may find that you get a "User does not subscribe to this service" error which would indicate a problem on your account that you have to call sprint for.

Sprint actually runs two "SMS" systems: 1-way and 2-way. It sounds to me like your 1-way is not working. This has happenned to me twice in the past.

Hopefully, this will all go away in November when Sprint releases its new, fully tested, awesome SMS system !!!