Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi All,

This just started last night. When I do a hotsynch, everthing seems to run fine, but I get the "Cleaning up - please wait" screen and it hangs. Sometimes it does a soft reset after about 45 minutes, others it just hangs -- currently waiting on it after over an hour.

Here's how it started. I had my Fellowes USB charging hotsynch cable plugged in the T600 and all of a sudden the unit went completely black! I tried everything to turn it back on (pushed the top power button repeatly, pushed the reset button by itself and while holding the top power button). Finally I plugged in the regular power adapter and the system started, but appeared to have done a hard reset. Looks like the Fellowes cable must have messed something up.

I re-synched everything and all the apps and data were restored, but this new "cleaning up" behavior started. I have tried several hard resets, but can't get it to operate correctly.

Any tips???

Thanks,
    TL
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    BTW, I can do a soft reset and get the system back, but I hate to do that because I don't know what it hasn't "cleaned up".

Thx,
    TL
    Try turning off some HotSync conduits.
    I'm not sure what's causing your HotSync problem, but have you considered backing up to a card? That way, you can leave HotSync to the birds, and just backup your card through a reader. (I don't HotSync anymore. This method just seems faster, unless you sync with Outlook for PIM.)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    AHA! Turns out that the WorldMate conduit was causing the problem. I shut it off and everything works great.

Thanks for the suggestion SKFNY!
    TL