1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a solution to get corp. email if your own company serves its own email? (i.e. does not use exchange or lotus - no Pop3). Can I use Business Connect or TreoMail? Confused. Please help. Thanks!
    While Notes and Exchange offer POP3 for mail clients, each have their own proprietary protocol that is used for the most feature rich communication.

If you're using 'corporate' mail that is not Exchange or Notes and is also not POP3 enabled, what protocols does it support?

Most mail clients are going to support SMTP for sending and POP3/IMAP for receiving.

If your mail system supports none of the above protocols and also doesn't have a custom solution such as Good's GoodLink for Exchange, you may be SOL...

But I'd also be kinda surprised that your corp was using a system not Exchange or Notes and still no POP3.
  3.    #3  
    My corp. uses Groupwise to facilitate email distribution. I am able to sync with Intellisync, but am not sure if I can use business connect or treomail. I was told we do not have a pop3 mail system. Also, we do not have Exchange. Rather "we host our own email" - IT response. Does this help at all?
    Sort of helps...

I had forgotten about Novell's mighty Groupwise.

If you are on Groupwise and they haven't enabled POP3, you may be SOL. Groupwise includes a POP3 module but they may not have it enabled for a number of reasons.

I can tell by their canned response to you that they are assuming you don't know what you're talking about...

'we host our own email' translated from IT-speak into English seems to mean 'please go away, you know nothing about how hard my job is'.

Bummer.
    Originally posted by junoweenie
    My corp. uses Groupwise to facilitate email distribution. I am able to sync with Intellisync, but am not sure if I can use business connect or treomail. I was told we do not have a pop3 mail system. Also, we do not have Exchange. Rather "we host our own email" - IT response. Does this help at all?
    OK, doing GroupWise with the Treo is really easy, if your IT guys have set up Web Access. Can you access Web Access from your PC? If so, then point Blazer to http://mailservername.domainname.com...terface=Simple You'll get a PalmPhone sized screen and get right into your GroupWise mailbox, live, in real time. If, on the other hand, you want to read your messages offline, then your IT guys will have to have (1) enabled POP3 (turned on by default when Web Access is installed, and (2) open ports 110 and 25 on the firewall. Then you can use any POP3 client (Snapper Mail, or BizCon) and just set your GW account as a POP mail account. Use mailservername.domainname.com as both the POP and SMTP servers, and don't use SSL. Use your GW UID and Password, and you should be fine.
    Regards,

Robert