Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    Are there any video players for the 600. The guy I talked to at handspring said he can watch videos on his, but I haven't been able to find any...so I thought maybe he was using a beta version or something.
  2. #2  
    he's probably using KINOMA PLAYER.
  3. #3  
    I also want to know if there is something decent to watch in that format?? it seems to be a few nature items and that is it! I do love nature type things but I would love to see a actual movie in that format!!
  4. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #4  
    You can convert some yourself with Kinoma Producer. I've done a bunch of stuff already.
  5. #5  
    I would also say it's Kinoma, that's what I've been using. They also sell an engine that converts movies to the correct format. The Matrix trailer I have is a bit over 6.3 MB and 1 min 27 sec long. Be sure to stock up on SD cards to watch something full length.
  6. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #6  
    MMPlayer might work. Might not. I use it instead of Kinoma on my T3. The app is still very buggy, but it does produce the best video I've seen on a PDA. It also plays mpge, divx, and avi natively without any coversion.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    I also want to know if there is something decent to watch in that format?? it seems to be a few nature items and that is it! I do love nature type things but I would love to see a actual movie in that format!!
    try this site TONS of kioma trailers .pdb ready to play (ALL converted )
    more that 40 ++ trailers!!!updated monthly

    http://www.kinoma.stupbi.de/

    Also, here are some other site to dowload trailers:

    http://www.divideby0.com/palm/clie_nr70v/videos/
    http://www.sonypictures.com/mobile/handheld/
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #8  
    Here I have put a number of Kinoma movies.

    I have got MM Player to work, but there finding content is difficult here too. Encoding down to 160x120 is more complex than with Kinoma which just works.

    Having said that the video is in theory better quality at a smaller size.
  9. #9  
    I too have gotten mmplayer to work with limited success...some files don't play because the resolution is too large. The recently released version catches this, though, which is better than just getting a crash. But encoding down using TMPGEncode just take too darn long. I have an episode of Dr. Katz that took hours. I would just stick with Kinoma, but why does it makes files so big? I had a 28 MB movie (that same Dr. Katz episode) and converted it with Kinoma, and it ballooned to 76 MB. Is there perhaps a faster encoder that will also keep the file sizes down?
  10. #10  
    Kinoma causes my Treo to reset about half the time I try to play a clip. Has anyone else had this issue?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  11. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #11  
    Originally posted by grim02
    I too have gotten mmplayer to work with limited success...some files don't play because the resolution is too large. The recently released version catches this, though, which is better than just getting a crash. But encoding down using TMPGEncode just take too darn long. I have an episode of Dr. Katz that took hours. I would just stick with Kinoma, but why does it makes files so big? I had a 28 MB movie (that same Dr. Katz episode) and converted it with Kinoma, and it ballooned to 76 MB. Is there perhaps a faster encoder that will also keep the file sizes down?
    Try virtualdub to convert to Divx. The file sizes are small and the conversion is faster than Kinoma (about 15 seconds per minute). Then, converted/resized they will play well with mmplayer in native Divx format.
  12. #12  
    Thanks iJITSU-

    Any suggestions for settings? I have the program, but I'm wondering if you've tinkered around for optimal settings for the Treo. Plus, where do you set video to resize? I tried a quick & dirty test, but ended up making the file much larger....thanks.
  13. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #13  
    Originally posted by grim02
    Thanks iJITSU-

    Any suggestions for settings? I have the program, but I'm wondering if you've tinkered around for optimal settings for the Treo. Plus, where do you set video to resize? I tried a quick & dirty test, but ended up making the file much larger....thanks.
    You can find a lot of specific info on the forums at mmplayer.com, but here's a link to a detailed description of the best settings for the Tungsten T, which I believe would be best sense it's essentially the same processor (may have to encode at different res due to the 160x160 screen)

    http://gfamad.chez.tiscali.fr/MMTutorialEnglish.htm
  14. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #14  
    I have used both the Kinoma and MMPlayer. The movies for the MMPlayer come out so much nicer. What it DOES need though is a desktop app for people to quickly and easily downsample videos, much like Kinoma has.

    Personally, I don't mind opening up Premiere and downsampling my videos. It is very fast, the quality is much better, and the final file is much smaller than movies for Kinoma.

    Kinoma also requires QuickTime be installed on your machine. Grrrr.

    You can see some samples of music videos I made for MMPlayer at www.kamalot.com/treo600
  15. #15  
    what kind of video's can you watch on your treo....? a 30 second preview clip...? update me.
  16. #16  
    Wow, these files sizes you guys are posting are really bad. The problem seems to be the currently supported codecs.

    If MMPlayer truly ends up offering Windows Media, Quicktime, or Flash 6 support, we should easily be able to fit full length movies on SD cards.

    You could compress at 100kbps and 160x160 and still be at 45MB/hour. That's plenty for good quality using good compression codecs.
  17. #17  
    kamalot- I had forgotten about Premeire...just open a file and export movie, right? Any suggestions on optimal settings? Thanks.
  18. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #18  
    I'll have to go home and check my settings from Premiere. They aren't perfect yet.

    I managed to compress the entire ThumbWars to 35 Megs. I think that's around 30 min long. I am still having problems with the sound synchronization and it dropping the occasional frame.

    I also found the entire series of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon on BitTorent recently. They are terrible quality but should look fine when mashed down to 160x120.

    I believe you should be able to fit an entire movie on a 128 meg card with room to spare.
  19. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #19  
    Originally posted by Mr Man
    [B]If MMPlayer truly ends up offering Windows Media, Quicktime, or Flash 6 support, we should easily be able to fit full length movies on SD cards.
    Does QuickTime offer better compression that DivX?
  20. #20  
    I haven't compressed with DivX, but if someone could give an example of length, dimension, and filesize, I can answer that question. So far, for our purposes, I have not seen anything compress better than the newest Windows Media and Sorenson (Quicktime) codecs. I believe DivX is based on the MPEG-4 compression, which is supposed to offer superior compression, but I have yet to see it. Quicktime is also supporting MPEG-4, so the whole compression thing can get a bit confusing. It's not just the format, but the codecs that drive the compression.
    Last edited by Mr Man; 10/23/2003 at 02:23 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions