1.    #1  
    Hope soemone can help

I am new to Vision with sprint.

I was using it today and i guess i started to roam .
    Live in NJ and work in NY

I went to check my email and it stated that data services are not avaliable when roaming , wait until you get back to your home area.

Does that mean i cant use my email and web when im out of state on business or vacation . That would suck or was this just a fluck thing. I used to use wireless web with my digital link and could make any data calls from anywhere.

Hope soemone can help.

Thanks
    Sprint Vision is dependent on the Sprint network so roaming is a bad thing. You might want make sure you need to be in roaming. You may be in a marginal Sprint coverage area and your phone picks up a stonger signal from another carrier. By default the 600 has digital roaming enabled. Use the "Phone Preferences" to turn off "Enable Digital Roaming" and see if the phone gets a signal.

Adam
    Adam West
    Roaming doesn't happen when you leave your "home area". It happens when your Sprint signal is weak and you're able to pick up a strong Verizon signal. You'd want to either turn roaming off, or pay for the package that allows unlimited roaming (or at least unlimited within the range of minutes you pay for already).

You can travel anywhere in the U.S. and if you get a Sprint PCS signal, you're in good shape. It's not based on geography.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks
    Originally posted by wombat2
    You'd want to either turn roaming off, or pay for the package that allows unlimited roaming (or at least unlimited within the range of minutes you pay for already).

But data services will not work at all when roaming. I am still trying to figure out if text messaging and voice mail indicator works, but I am sure Vision does not.
    Carl
    Yeah, I was referring to voice. Data works only on Sprint. Dunno about voicemail notification and the like.