1.    #1  
    My friend has a Treo 300 and does NOT have this problem.

But with my Treo 600, I do NOT get ANY alerts for new mail UNLESS the phone is on and lit on Business connection program. (Of course you do not need an alert then since you have to be lookng at the sync.)

I do NOT get ANY alerts for mail when the background sync occurs at all.

This is a major problem... Does anyone else with a 600 have this issue?

There is NO way to tell when you get new mail without the alert working all the time. I have it set to audable, alarm sound and high.

Mike
    Same problem and I hate it. Let's see if we can keep this thread alive if and when someone finds a fix instead of going back to the earlier ones.
  3.    #3  
    The only FIX I think someone will find is if Sporint releases a new client that fixes this issue.

Of course it is like talking to a wall trying to tell them that HEY THIS ISN'T WORKING.

So if ANYONE knows how to contact someone there and tell them that this is a REAL ISSUE please do so!

It might not be that hard for them to fix, but they need to know there is a problem.

if there is a work around thaty would be great... This is a MAJOR issue.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    The only FIX I think someone will find is if Sporint releases a new client that fixes this issue.

Of course it is like talking to a wall trying to tell them that HEY THIS ISN'T WORKING.

So if ANYONE knows how to contact someone there and tell them that this is a REAL ISSUE please do so!

It might not be that hard for them to fix, but they need to know there is a problem.

if there is a work around thaty would be great... This is a MAJOR issue.

Mike
    BTW: It's also an issue with Snappermail - the EXACT same problem... if you are IN Snappermail, you will get the alert. OUtside of SM or with the unit off, you may/not get it.

According to Snappermail, there is a problem with what programming hooks were presented to developers, yet I have no problems in ANY other app with alarms under any of those same circumstances.

L
    Lee Ladisky
  5.    #5  
    I get my KeySuite Date alarms outside of the programs without issues.