1.    #1  
    Due to the current confusion with Orange's "3 month free WAP access offer" I think this subject deserves its own thread.

Original discussion can be found on page 11 of this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&pagenumber=11

The last thing I want is a huge bill at the end of the month as, however much in the right I might believe I am, I don't want the hassle of having to argue the case. My professional time is too expensive.

I might add that so far I've been unable to access any WAP pages irrespective of what APN I have set for GPRS. What are other people's experiences?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Originally posted by tgabber
    I don't want the hassle of having to argue the case. My professional time is too expensive
    You're a bit up your own arse aren't you? The only truly valuable time for me is that spent with the children.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    You're a bit up your own arse aren't you?
    I generally find that people criticise others for their own worst faults...
    absolutely!
    lets keep it relevant, for parenting advise use another forum.
  5.    #5  
    Am I correct in understanding what others have said that the 600 Internet browser (blazer) is not capable of accessing anything with the wsp:// protocol?
    don't know but...

I do know that I asked for the free WAP access pack, as you would. The browser came configured for normal t'internet and that is what I have been using. FWIW, my 7650 browser could access normal www pages to a degree and these were never paid for out of GPRS but through the WAP access fee.

on another note, is there a way of metering GPRS data use on the treo?
  7.    #7  
    For monitoring GPRS traffic there is a product called TrafficStat BUT it's yet to be updated for the 600.

http://www.hexlet.com/Products/trafficstat.html
    RE Traffic Stat. Has anyone tried to use it on the t600? It implies that it should work on any POS5 device.... With the cost of GPRS in the UK this would be one awesome little program to have :-)
  9.    #9  
    It does actually say on the download page (right at the end) that is does not yet support the Treo600. I've emailed the author to ask if/when it will, but so far no reply.

Perhaps if everyone who's interested does that then he'll realise what a big market he could have.

Of course, the delays with the release of the GSM version in the US may hold him up.
    D'oh. Stupid me thinking that something like that would be in the FAQ
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Tried TrafficStat, bMeter and a couple of the other progs around that do this.

NONE of them work on the T600 and they all stop you from accessing your email and gaining access to the net. Very nasty. One user posted on this forum that he had to re-initialise his Treo.

Probably best to wait for the fixes!
    Originally posted by tgabber
    I generally find that people criticise others for their own worst faults...
    It just sounded a bit pompous to me, but then again I don't really know you so it might not be.

Cheers
    Gabriel
    I've managed to browse mail2wap using Jbrowser on the orangewap 'free' GPRS APN.

Connects quick, but seems to take a while before the next page appears.