Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought we ought to open a thread specifically for buying a new Treo rather than all that mms/wap/gprs stuff that was going on in the previous thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&pagenumber=11
  2.    #2  
    other than Orange directly?
    Mobileshop.com, excellent service. Ordered Tuesday afternoon last week, delivery notified by email Thursday am, arrived Friday am.

Also, as far as I am aware they are offering the best prices in the UK at the moment.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Mobileshop for me as well. It took a little longer to arrive than I had hoped - they seemed to get stock a day or so after some other places - but the deal was pretty good - much cheaper than Orange themselves - and when they did finally get stock, my 600 arrived next morning - it was waiting for me at work at 9am.
    Smalltalk.co.uk were honest and quick
    Rasha is selling a orange treo 600 on ebay
  7.    #7  
    Ever since showing off my Treo in the office in the past week, I've had lots of people ask me where they can get one!

I've not met anyone who isn't impressed!
    I'd like to order one, but I'm waiting for a PAC from Vodaphone.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I called Vodaphone on Saturday.
    got mine on saturday at orange business shop in london - they had shipment of 7 and all sold in a day. I'm transfering from O2 and they said about a week to get the PAC: at the moment I have two phones, which gives me time to test out the Treo (its fab by the way).
    started with fresh new number. 2000 texts free is enough to let everyone know your new number and lets you off all those people you don't want calling you!

bought mobileshop, best price available excellent service etc.

phone is superb although orange need to clarify their position on the free WAP access problems.
    best bit? sending hand drawn portraits instead of photo's (camera worst i've ever seen on a phone) from picture messaging.

regardos
    Does anyone know when it will be possible to buy a "SIM free" Treo 600 in the UK?

Given that it is "quad band", I assume that it will be possible to purchase a "SIM free" Treo 600 in the US (or elsewhere) and use it in the UK. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!
    supposedly next week but don't hold your breath. expansys for 899 euro's.
    I'm using a PAC to transfer number. Called Singlepoint (O2 Servicve Provider) who said it'd come through within a couple of days. Called them a couple of days later and they gave me it over the phone.

I don't accept in this day and age that they can't just give you it over the phone. Mind you, Singlepoint are charging 20 quid for the privilege so maybe I can expect a quicker response from them. You can get a temporary number from Orange anyway and call them with the PAC number later. Call mobileshop.com and discuss with them - they are very helpful.
    I got my PAC from T-Mobile over the phone on a single call with just a few minutes wait, no cost.

I'd consider reporting Singlepoint to Oftel, if I were you.
    Hi,

I did consider it as quite a few people suggested it but looking at Oftel's website they suggest that the network provider can charge an admin fee for the transfer - its just that most of them (all except singlepoint?) don't.

Also - my contract with singlepoint says I have to give 30 days notice (even after the 12 months I believe) so I look at the payment for PAC as being a way to get out of the contract before then (it'll cancel my contract once the switch happens apparently).

Rgds,

Paul
    Originally posted by pauldonovan

Also - my contract with singlepoint says I have to give 30 days notice (even after the 12 months I believe) so I look at the payment for PAC as being a way to get out of the contract before then (it'll cancel my contract once the switch happens apparently).
    Ah... methinks in that case you are lucky to get a PAC at all as my understanding of the rules was that being still in contract was one of the reasons you'd get refused a PAC...
    Perhaps I didn't word that right. I'm outside the initial contract period, but as I understand it they still require 30 days notice beyond the 12 months unless you request PAC which terminates contract as soon as it is effected (i.e. when your number swaps).

That's my understanding. So I viewed the charge for PAC as being a way to get out of the notice a bit quicker....
    Orange on Oxford street (near tottenham ct rd) just called and told me they have some in stock.

I hat to tell them that I was talking to them on a t600
    If you are outside of the 12 month contracted period, the network must provide you with a PAC code within 48 hours of the request being made. They can generate the codes instantly, but the actual port cannot be completed for about 7 days, hence some CS advisors will not supply the code until a port is acutally possible. It's all a bit silly as you are also made to wait 7 days by your new network.

I'm not doing a good job of explaining it but both networks are trying to avoid problems by making you wait before issuing the code and or the port itself. With both parties delaying the process it's overkill.

In the past i've ported from:

O2 -> O2 (It can be done)

O2 -> Orange

Orange -> T-Mobile

I am now planning to move my current O2 number to Orange.

I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a PAC code, even while I was still in the initial 12 month period. Try calling back and asking for your code now. If they kick up a fuss remind them that OFTEL require the code to be issued within 48 hours.

Good luck!
    Happy with mine from Mobileshop. Had it since Friday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast