1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have the HS stereo adapter, started using it today. I have found that it doesn't fit snuggly into the jack..it rotates all over the place and when doing so the sound goes in and out, crackles, etc. Is this normal?

Thanks!
    Matt
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    Hi all,

I have the HS stereo adapter, started using it today. I have found that it doesn't fit snuggly into the jack..it rotates all over the place and when doing so the sound goes in and out, crackles, etc. Is this normal?

Thanks!
    Matt
    Normal? Probably--the jack doesn't seem to have a good fit, esp. if you have a form fit case.

Good? probably not--certainly most of my headphones are quieter even with movement. I find after I get T600 tucked away in a pocke or clipped to a belt, the crackling diminished somewhat.
    I bought one from Radio Shack and have noticed the same thing. I am going to try shaving the sides of the connector so it fits better. Hopefully that will do the trick.
    I'm using the one that came with the G1000 and it fits very tight, no issues. One thing I've noticed though, is if I have it in and plugged into a charger, they don't fit so well together. The headset elbow causes the charger piece that fits into the Treo to be pushed slightly out and crooked. It still chargers but can't be good. This also happens with my Plantronics headset that has a fat elbow for a plug.
    Mine is perfect, no problems here.
    I bought the adaptor today and I noticed how it would not seat into the jack properly. I took a razor blade and trimmed the end of the rubber barrel and it snaps into the jack very nicely.

It sure is nice to use ptunes and listen to music. Works well
    I used a util. knife on my skullcandy phones over the weekend to solve the same issue. They've really countersunk the jack so that most phones cant get deep enough to make a good connection.

The skullcandy phones still don't work that well though.. answer button does nothing and the mic doesnt work. But, they're cool backphones that I can use with the 600 to play music and use with my laptop at work too.
    My adapter works fine for headphones, but when I use it with my Sony car cassette adapter, I get audio only in the speakers on the right side of the car.