Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    lol.............
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    normally i wont reply to complaint threads, but this has to be said. Sprint cares not for you as a user and dont ever pay your bill on the day it is due...pay it before. Wireless providers on a whole SUCK. Sprint is no exception, the key to Sprint is to call back 50 times and find someone who just got on the clock who can take the time to help before their next smoke break. This works for me everytime. I have yet to find a rep at ATT or TMobile that even has the capacity to help....at least at Sprint they are just lazy.

Andy
    new phone received from Handspring today - error fixed. after a month of phone calls and pain.
    Originally posted by bigweb2001
    new phone received from Handspring today - error fixed. after a month of phone calls and pain.
    so it looks like the solution is a new handset.
    Bad little Sprint Monkeys!!!

No bananas!!! Bad Monkeys!!!!!
    Welcome to the "bleeding" edge of technology. As a person that buys many gadgets when they first appear I can say that your experience is normal, for any company. They had to make a choice to release a product before of after all support and accessories are available. What would you pick? Many of us want the thing ASAP. Unfortunetly you were not lucky in this round. Sprint is a great company... They just decide to be first with the 600 here.
  7. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by cfaulkner
    Welcome to the "bleeding" edge of technology.
    I bought my first Palm in June of 1996, my first Palm VII the day it became available, my first Treo 180 the moment it became available, and now the Treo 600 the day it was orderable.

I have never had problems like this one before, bleeding edge or not.

It won't keep me from staying on the bleeding edge either: I took delivery of one of the first Tapwave Zodiacs last week!

They had to make a choice to release a product before of after all support and accessories are available.
    They also had months of carrier tests and FCC approvals during which they could have educated their support staff and sorted out potential problems.

It just seems "cheaper" these days to **** off a few customers than to create an appropriate support infrastructure. And cost is ultimately all that matters to companies like Sprint.

Sprint is a great company...
    Based on my experience, I have to say I don't know what you base that on.

None of the Sprint people I talked to, in person at the stores I visited to get the problem resolved or on the phone, seemed competent in any way, shape or form to support the Treo 600. As far as I could tell, none had ever even seen one. And no doubt I might experience the same if I talked to tech support at T-Mobile etc.... but that doesn't make it right or acceptable.

YMMV.
    Oliver
    I doubt that AT&T or Cingular people know what to do either with a Treo 600 now.....can't really blame Sprint. The prob isn't really with training though......it's like hiring a kid str8 out of college with no experience. He's all theory and no practice. If the cell companies trained their staff on these phones, it'd prolly be all theory and none experience, which still wouldn't help us much in the long run.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have started to get this error.

I am on my second Rev C phone.

after 7 calls to Tech Support and one trip to the PCS store still the same answer. ERROR 3000.

Frydog
    I have read that t-mobile has held off releasing the treo 600 because "they are having problems synching it with their network". Perhaps this error message is an indication of the problem on Sprints network.

At leas the error is nice and descriptive. They should be able to isolate the issue easily.

Many people, in fact MOST, do not use the data services on their phone. Are there others out there that can chime in with success stories about using the treo 600 data services? It would be nice to know that it is working for some people.

Impatiently waiting for me T-Mobile Treo 600...

Craig
  11. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I very much doubt that there is a connection between the alleged T-Mobile problems and the Sprint PCS problems I and others were experiencing. It's just a very different radio and network technology.

I never thought that people would spend money on a Treo 600 and then not want to use the data services. Do you really think that MOST people wouldn't?

Oliver
  12. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Well, the nightmare story isn't over yet:

Since returning the Treo and equipment (arrived at Handspring 11/25 according to UPS tracking), I have been waiting to see a refund on my Amex account. Nothing so far.

So, since I am tired of dealing with Handspring and to ensure my dispute gets recorded within the 60 day period, I have now disputed the whole transaction with American Express.
    Originally posted by ocs
    Well, the nightmare story isn't over yet:

Since returning the Treo and equipment (arrived at Handspring 11/25 according to UPS tracking), I have been waiting to see a refund on my Amex account. Nothing so far.

So, since I am tired of dealing with Handspring and to ensure my dispute gets recorded within the 60 day period, I have now disputed the whole transaction with American Express.
    Did they take it off?
  14. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Did they take it off?
    Well, the letter's in the mail... It usually takes a while for credit cards to correct the mistakes, but so far I have always gotten the credit (and I always deserved it, of course).

Oliver
    Hey Oliver,

So what did you eventually replace the Tero180 with? Did you get the S55 to complement the zod?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 12/12/2003 at 02:13 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

So what did you eventually replace the Tero180 with? Did you get the S55 to complement the zod?
    No, I haven't decided yet on the exact plan going forward. For the time being, my trusty "old" (eight months old) Treo 180 is continuing to be my main Palm/phone, and the Zodiac is my novelty/game/multi-media gadget. I've been looking at a variety of possible bluetooth phones, among them the S55 and the SonyEricsson T68i. I also read rumors about an upcoming new Motorola smartphone based on the evil empire OS (MPx220), which supposedly has BT. Might be an opportunity to look over the fence and see what that stuff is like.

Or I could have another stab at a Treo 600 and get the T-Mobile model when it finally comes out (I can't believe I am saying this in this thread ). Not very likely, though -- I think I'll skip this generation (as nice as it is if it works).

Oliver
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456