Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116
  1. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #81  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    What's the status?
    I was wondering that myself, since I haven't received the replacement handheld. So I just called the Handspring number. Turns out it hasn't even shipped yet!! I was promised to have it in 3-5 days last Wednesday (11/6).

    Now they tell me about a backlog (like that's my problem/fault!) and that it will ship tomorrow or the day after.

    Well, turns out my 30 day return period ends on 11/16, so on Friday I am going to RMA the whole shabang (T600 and accessories) and switch my wife back to the Kyocera 6035. And on Nov 24 Sprint PCS will have one fewer customer...

    Right now I am on hold waiting for a supervisor... undoubtedly in a few minutes they'll tell me that all supervisors have already gone home... (been there, heard that before).

    Oliver
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by ocs


    I was wondering that myself, since I haven't received the replacement handheld. So I just called the Handspring number. Turns out it hasn't even shipped yet!! I was promised to have it in 3-5 days last Wednesday (11/6).

    Now they tell me about a backlog (like that's my problem/fault!) and that it will ship tomorrow or the day after.

    Well, turns out my 30 day return period ends on 11/16, so on Friday I am going to RMA the whole shabang (T600 and accessories) and switch my wife back to the Kyocera 6035. And on Nov 24 Sprint PCS will have one fewer customer...

    Right now I am on hold waiting for a supervisor... undoubtedly in a few minutes they'll tell me that all supervisors have already gone home... (been there, heard that before).

    Oliver
    I wish I could just send u mine....I got my replacement in about a week even though I didn't need it. They claim that they have a return pack on the way, but I haven't received it yet.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #83  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    They claim that they have a return pack on the way, but I haven't received it yet.
    Just watch your credit card bill! They'll probably just charge you for the second one and claim you didn't return the broken one.

    Well, the tech support guy came back and told me that his manager told him that they can't expedite it. In other words, the supervisor didn't even bother to talk to me.

    I am in the process now of documenting all communication on this issue, and will request an RMA for the handheld and all accessories. If I don't get a full refund (incl. shipping), I'll dispute the charges with my credit card company and/or take Handspring to small claims court.

    Bottom line: I've had enough of their BS. I am sure it's a very nice device if it works. Unfortunately it doesn't for me, and I just can't afford to futz around for a month (!) with this device to get it to work properly.

    Oliver
  4. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #84  
    By the way, Jaggrey, you don't mind if I steal your avatar jpg for my "Treo 600 Adventures" page, right? That way I don't have to go through the hassle of taking my own snapshot of that bloody error!
  5. #85  
    Originally posted by ocs


    Just watch your credit card bill! They'll probably just charge you for the second one and claim you didn't return the broken one.

    Well, the tech support guy came back and told me that his manager told him that they can't expedite it. In other words, the supervisor didn't even bother to talk to me.

    I am in the process now of documenting all communication on this issue, and will request an RMA for the handheld and all accessories. If I don't get a full refund (incl. shipping), I'll dispute the charges with my credit card company and/or take Handspring to small claims court.

    Bottom line: I've had enough of their BS. I am sure it's a very nice device if it works. Unfortunately it doesn't for me, and I just can't afford to futz around for a month (!) with this device to get it to work properly.

    Oliver
    man i know how u feel...i was starting to feel like that. It's a very nice device but if Vision doesn't work then all the cool stuff is almost useless. It's hard b/c it's like waiting for the perfect car and once you have it your liscense gets suspended.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  6. #86  
    Originally posted by ocs
    By the way, Jaggrey, you don't mind if I steal your avatar jpg for my "Treo 600 Adventures" page, right? That way I don't have to go through the hassle of taking my own snapshot of that bloody error!
    go 4 it....I stole it from "shallow" or whatever his name is (forgive me) .
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #87  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    man i know how u feel...i was starting to feel like that. It's a very nice device but if Vision doesn't work then all the cool stuff is almost useless. It's hard b/c it's like waiting for the perfect car and once you have it your liscense gets suspended.
    Yes, without (Vision) data service it's just not worth the $400 -- I'd then rather get a Zodiac and a cheap bluetooth phone....

    Oliver
  8.    #88  
    Brothers and Sisters... (ok just brothers, who am I kidding).

    "My name is shallow, and it's been 5 days since I last spoke to a monkey."

    It's official, the worst. T600 experience. ever. is over.

    The new phone started working on Saturday. I was getting Error 67 for a while but figured that one out on my own (I still had a manual connection they tried to use selected under network).

    I tell ya, seeing those 25,600 pixels magically render the screen that is supposed to come after the "Connecting to Sprint PCS Provisioning" screen was religious. It seriously reminded me of when I my friend Ryan and I beat the final boss in Double Dragon at the bowling alley when we were kids.

    So, now I'm rollin with my treo and data. Got a cradle and retractable sync cable arriving today and life is... well it's not that much different but I'm living it without having to surface the sick, sadistic side of myself to other people (or monkeys).

    Oliver, I'm sorry that you're still struggling, hopefully a new phone will work as it did in my case. And you can take the avatar... I don't need it anymore. Anyone know of a site to get cool unicorn pictures?

    Keep the faith.
  9. #89  
    Originally posted by shallow
    Brothers and Sisters... (ok just brothers, who am I kidding).

    "My name is shallow, and it's been 5 days since I last spoke to a monkey."

    It's official, the worst. T600 experience. ever. is over.

    The new phone started working on Saturday. I was getting Error 67 for a while but figured that one out on my own (I still had a manual connection they tried to use selected under network).

    I tell ya, seeing those 25,600 pixels magically render the screen that is supposed to come after the "Connecting to Sprint PCS Provisioning" screen was religious. It seriously reminded me of when I my friend Ryan and I beat the final boss in Double Dragon at the bowling alley when we were kids.

    So, now I'm rollin with my treo and data. Got a cradle and retractable sync cable arriving today and life is... well it's not that much different but I'm living it without having to surface the sick, sadistic side of myself to other people (or monkeys).

    Oliver, I'm sorry that you're still struggling, hopefully a new phone will work as it did in my case. And you can take the avatar... I don't need it anymore. Anyone know of a site to get cool unicorn pictures?

    Keep the faith.
    lol finally!!!!!!!!!! 2 down, 1 to go! Maybe you should hang in there Ollie! Maybe I should send you mine Try to get it replaced thru Sprint instead....I found a store that had them in stock.

    Speaking of clowns, I just got off a phone call w/Handspring to see when/where the RMA pack was for the 2nd Treo 600. After 20 mins she still didn't understand what was going on. I just said I'll call back and maybe the RMA pack will appear in the next couple days.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  10. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #90  
    Congrats, Shallow, on getting it to work. I take it you got your replacement from Sprint, not Handspring, right?

    Since Handspring hasn't even bothered to ship my replacement phone, and since my 30 day return period is just about to expire, I just can't take the risk of getting the new phone and still having the same problem, or some other problem. I've just had enough.

    I sold my PALM stock a few days before the merger with Handspring (not related to this Treo mess, but it probably was wise seeing in person how poorly run the company is). I may try the GSM Treo 600 when it comes out for T-Mobile, but I will return it if there's the tiniest little problem -- no more futzing around and playing phone tag for a month.

    Oliver
  11. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #91  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    lol finally!!!!!!!!!! 2 down, 1 to go! Maybe you should hang in there Ollie! Maybe I should send you mine Try to get it replaced thru Sprint instead....I found a store that had them in stock.
    Yeah, maybe we should do a three-way swap: you send me yours, I send you my broken one, and when my new one finally arrives (next year, I'd guess), I'll just refuse the package.

    With their brilliant logistics and support tracking system (20 min on hold to figure out where an empty box is???), they'd never figure this out...

    Oliver
  12. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #92  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Try to get it replaced thru Sprint instead....I found a store that had them in stock.
    The store I went to didn't have it in stock, and they told me that I'd have get a replacement from whoever sold it to me.

    Oliver
  13. #93  
    Originally posted by ocs


    The store I went to didn't have it in stock, and they told me that I'd have get a replacement from whoever sold it to me.

    Oliver
    I told them I got mine from Handspring and that there was a 2-3 week backlog and they replaced it. You could try another store...or you could go to my Sprint store

    Have you jumped thru the hoops at Sprint tech support? Have them note your account that your phone needs to be replaced, and then try a store that has them in stock. Let's see where this goes.....
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  14. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #94  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey

    Have you jumped thru the hoops at Sprint tech support? Have them note your account that your phone needs to be replaced, and then try a store that has them in stock. Let's see where this goes.....
    Have I jumped through the hoops? You betcha! Every time I see a SprintPCS commercial on TV I want to get out my imaginary baseball bat and smash the TV! :-(

    My account with Sprint should have a log the length of "War and Peace" by now, given the countless conversations and interactions I had with them on this.

    I'll give them one last try this evening on the way home: I'll drop by the local store and see if they have one in stock, and if they are willing to swap. If not, it's bye-bye Sprint. Can't wait to talk to the "Customer Retention" department when I cancel the service on 11/24. Well, probably they'll be busy for weeks beginning that day.

    Oliver
  15. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #95  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    It's hard b/c it's like waiting for the perfect car and once you have it your liscense gets suspended.
    It's more like you wait for the perfect car, and once you get it you find out that your particular one is a lemon.

    And in fact, that happens, and there are lemon laws in many states.

    So I just called two local Sprint PCS stores to find out if they'd replace the phone. Neither has it in stock.

    The lady at the Palo Alto store mentioned "a software" that they were supposed to get from Handspring, but hadn't yet. When I asked if that was to fix known problems, she said yes.

    RMA time!

    Oliver
  16. #96  
    Originally posted by ocs


    It's more like you wait for the perfect car, and once you get it you find out that your particular one is a lemon.

    And in fact, that happens, and there are lemon laws in many states.

    So I just called two local Sprint PCS stores to find out if they'd replace the phone. Neither has it in stock.

    The lady at the Palo Alto store mentioned "a software" that they were supposed to get from Handspring, but hadn't yet. When I asked if that was to fix known problems, she said yes.

    RMA time!

    Oliver
    yea man.....that sucks. o well...what can ya do.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  17. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #97  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    yea man.....that sucks. o well...what can ya do.
    Nothing. Appreciate your responses. On the bright side, Tapwave just called to confirm my order for the Zodiac 2 and it should go out tomorrow, so with any luck I'll have some neat new toy on Monday :-)

    What? My wife? She'll just have to live with the old Kyo 6035 for now.

    Oliver
  18. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #98  
    Just got off the phone with Handspring Customer Support. I got two RMA numbers for the two orders I am going to return (Treo and accessories). So to add insult to injury, I now have to pay Fedex for two packages that go to the same address (they insist on two shipments...).

    I asked for a refund of the $20 shipping I paid a month ago for the "Overnight" (more like Over Seven Nights) Fedex delivery, and was told that in cases of Buyers Remorse they don't refund that. I told them that my only remorse was to have ever dealt with them, and asked to speak to a supervisor, who then gave me the same spiel.

    So now I am just going to dispute the shipping charges with my credit card company. Plus I guess a letter to the BBB and emails to some higher-ups at Palm will be in order. I've documented the entire month on a (so far private) webpage, along the lines of Shaddow's first post in this thread.

    $20 isn't much, but it really pisses me off how they and Sprint treat their paying customers. After all, we're talking about a $500 device here, not a $50 microwave.

    So Shaddow, do you still think you had the worst ever T600 experience? ;-)

    Oliver (awaiting the Zodiac 2)
  19. #99  
    I hope that's not what they're waiting for me to do....they told me they were paying for shipping back. Though I never got the empty box to send it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  20. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #100  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    I hope that's not what they're waiting for me to do....they told me they were paying for shipping back. Though I never got the empty box to send it.
    I don't know, but with these guys nothing would surprise me anymore. There are people who apparently got $1000+ bills from Sprint because Sprint sent them a replacement T600 and something went wrong with the return shipment. Check the archives, there are some posts about that.

    I'd keep calling them -- it would suck if they *think* they sent you an empty box, and then after 14 days charge you for the missing Treo. Maybe their empty boxes are backordered, too?

    My latest update: it took me 38 minutes on the phone tonight with the Sprint monkeys (they now officially deserve this admittedly derogative term) to get the old phone reactivated (so I can send the Treo back tomorrow). Their brilliant computer system knew from the ESN that it was a Kyocera 6035, but the instructions they tried to walk me through to enter their "secret code" simply didn't fit the model. The first person gave up, and forwarded me to the second-level support, who was just as clueless and tried the exact same steps again. However, in the meantime I had figured out myself how to get into the secret screen, so I could walk *him* through the steps.

    On the bright side, I confirmed that our contract on this line has expired. 11 days 'til Nov 24 -- Independence Day!

    Oliver
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions