Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Look and read Here
    Ciao

Ettore
    Thanks Ettore, but that's for GSM. Those of us on SPCS are stuck without a solution. Ughh! I realize that some of you think this is no big deal. If you work in any kind of business where you're using call-waiting/call-conferencing a lot, this is a real pain.

At first I had some hope that some brilliant young thing would right a utility for this or something, but as this is inherent in the CDMA architecture... we are SOL.
    I was pissed as well when I saw the hang up all button, but after I thought about it, thats just the way phones are!

How many of you are able to hang up only one or the other call on your home phones? Haven't you ever said goodbye to someone on a land line, switched back to the other call and then you find out the first person is still on the line because they didn't hang up? Cell phones are no different. Flash buttons only swap lines. I think people just get upset because the button says hang up all. It makes them want one that says "hang up line one or two". I think it was forsight on Handsprings part to let you know that it will hang up both lines, not a lack of programing. If the caller you say goodbye to hangs up, the line will clear. It still shows on the Treo screen, but it does clear. I have recieved calls from people when my phone screen already showed two active lines so I know the line clears.
    Last edited by sxtg; 07/22/2004 at 06:08 PM.
    And then again who would waste time on a feature for 'cell phones' that would automatically disconnect another person from a call while on a 3 way or 2+1 call anyway? More minutes, more money... More money, more problems
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Switch to GSM... far better choice!!
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I was pissed as well when I saw the hang up all button, but after I thought about it, thats just the way phones are!

How many of you are able to hang up only one or the other call on your home phones? Haven't you ever said goodbye to someone on a land line, switched back to the other call and then you find out the first person is still on the line because they didn't hang up? Cell phones are no different. Flash buttons only swap lines. I think people just get upset because the button says hang up all. It makes them want one that says "hang up line one or two". I think it was forsight on Handsprings part to let you know that it will hang up both lines, not a lack of programing. If the caller you say goodbye to hangs up, the line will clear. It still shows on the Treo screen, but it does clear. I have recieved calls from people when my phone screen already showed two active lines so I know the line clears.
    But the problem is that people were able to do it on older phones. There was a easier way to do it on the very first handspring phone, the visor phone. There was also better handling of conference calling on many other phones. By only having the hang up all button I think it was a step toward less functionality.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234