1.    #1  
    I've switched over from a Sony Clie T615 to a Treo 600, and when I hotsynched the Treo, some of the Sony software was sent over. As a result, after a reset I get several dialog boxes in a row saying that "This sofware is for Clie only" before I can use the Treo.

I'm trying to sort out what the offending software is - so far, I found a program called "PowerRun" that I used a while back, and it's not letting me delete itself from the Treo - anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by darrenorb
    I've switched over from a Sony Clie T615 to a Treo 600, and when I hotsynched the Treo, some of the Sony software was sent over. As a result, after a reset I get several dialog boxes in a row saying that "This sofware is for Clie only" before I can use the Treo.

I'm trying to sort out what the offending software is - so far, I found a program called "PowerRun" that I used a while back, and it's not letting me delete itself from the Treo - anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    You're probably getting a few Clie system files sent over, but these can be hard to identify by name, and therefore hard to know what to delete It is best not to set up your new Treo 600 this way. You want as clean an install as possible, and besides the T615 is old technology. There have been issues with going from the t615 to later Clies, so even within the same species you'll get issues, not to mention going from Sony to Handspring. Best to reinstall your apps with new PRC, etc., files and forget aboput hot syncing from the 615 to the 600. I would do a hard reset and start over. I think your asking for trouble otherwise. IMHO.
  3.    #3  
    How do I do a fresh install at this point without losing all my contacts and datebook info?
    Originally posted by darrenorb

Thanks in advance.

PowerRun is not causing your problems. I have it running on my Treo. Look at the other programs.
    Presumably, if you're using Palm desktop or Outlook, you've got all your data on your desktop app. If so, then it is safe and will hotsync once your T600 is up and running. If, for some reason, the data only exists on the handheld, then you need to get it onto your desktop.
    The best way to upgrade is to start fresh. As the previous user stated, as long as you sync'd your clie prior to upgrading your good to go...I'd also make a backup of your pst file just in case. Sync Outlook with the 600 1st and then one by one load your other programs. Most likely you'll find you can't use all your 3rd party programs and if one crashes your treo, by loading one by one you'll be able to figure it out easier than if you loaded everthing at once.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...