Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is there anything out there to have the Treo turn on the kbd backlight automatically past a certain time? I seem to remember there being an app like this for the T300.

    Even better would be an application that checks the level of light and turns on the kbd backlight in dim settings. I wonder if anyone could use the camera to check the amount of light and turn on the kbd light automagically!
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by kamalot
    Is there anything out there to have the Treo turn on the kbd backlight automatically past a certain time? I seem to remember there being an app like this for the T300.

    Even better would be an application that checks the level of light and turns on the kbd backlight in dim settings. I wonder if anyone could use the camera to check the amount of light and turn on the kbd light automagically!
    Try 'glowhack' available on Palmgear... it will require an OS5 compatible hack manager like YAHM or Tealmaster.

    Good luck!

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  3. #3  
    I downloaded glowhack as a zip file, unzipped it, then tried synching it, but after all is said and done, it doesn't show up on my T600!

    Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, do you recommend any shareware programs that are better than glowhack?

    Best,

    Kevin
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by KevMeister
    I downloaded glowhack as a zip file, unzipped it, then tried synching it, but after all is said and done, it doesn't show up on my T600!

    Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, do you recommend any shareware programs that are better than glowhack?

    Best,

    Kevin
    Glowhack is a "hack," so you will see it and be able to configure it from your hack manager.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by kamalot
    Is there anything out there to have the Treo turn on the kbd backlight automatically past a certain time? I seem to remember there being an app like this for the T300.

    Even better would be an application that checks the level of light and turns on the kbd backlight in dim settings. I wonder if anyone could use the camera to check the amount of light and turn on the kbd light automagically!
    MLights from MotionApps Is the one you're thinking of that originally came out for the 270/300 line, but works great with the 600.
  6. #6  
    Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I did install the free ware YAHM, configured it with glowhack, but the KEYBOARD backlight still turns off after a few seconds!

    I also haveMLights and Auto-oFF installed as well, which may cause a conflict?

    So is glowhack the app that allows you to keo the KEYBOARD light on, or is that another application?

    I have Palm OS 5.2

    ###
  7. #7  
    Doesn't work for me either (Treo 600 / OS 5.2). Keeps the screen on, which the T600 does anyway, but doesn't seem to change the keyboard behavior at all.

    Mlights works better, for a small fee.

    Or just press Opt-P, which keep the keyboard lit at no cost at all (other than battery life <g>).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8. #8  
    Not sure if this the case all the time, but after I installed AutoOff and mLights, the Option P button might become disabled.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by KevMeister
    Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but I did install the free ware YAHM, configured it with glowhack, but the KEYBOARD backlight still turns off after a few seconds!

    I also haveMLights and Auto-oFF installed as well, which may cause a conflict?

    So is glowhack the app that allows you to keo the KEYBOARD light on, or is that another application?

    I have Palm OS 5.2

    ###
    GlowHack keeps the keyboard backlight on indefinitely. That's why I use it instead of mLights, even though I'd prefer mLights (since it's not a hack, and the interface allows more options).

    By the way - I could only get GlowHack to work properly using TealMaster as the hack manager - which meant paying a licensing fee. It's been well worth it to me, since GlowHack provides an indispensible function for me - I do a lot of work in low-light/no-light situations, and having the screen dimmed with the backlight on continuously is crucial...why on earth would anyone want the keyboard light to go out when the screen is dimmed - wouldn't that situation almost always occur in a lowlight environment, when you otherwise wouldn't be able to see the keyboard?
  10. #10  
    Didn't try it with Teal Master. Guess I'll have to try it.

    But I wonder... Is pressing Opt-P really that big a deal?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Posting Permissions