1.    #1  
    Was talking to Sprint Wireless Web Services (the only part of the company that seems to know what it is doing) and non-chalantly asked about 2 way SMS services.

The rep told me it was being rolled out beginning Nov 10 and would continue by market through Dec 5.

So, we should have it from Sprint before the big holiday season! Oh, happy days ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    That is great, but I started using Treo 600SMS and it works wonderfully. you should check into it.

Josh
    This is great news!

I think I'll pospone purchasinhg the T600 SMS app and see what Sprint does with their service next month. If there's a way to demo both services when available, I'm on it!

In the meantime, I can use the free mobile Yahoo e-mail service to send and receive messges, saving myself $20 (temporarily at least) in the process.

###
    You know, I was going to postpone it as well but then I started playing with the SMS and I had a great time using it and it worked very well. If I have to pay $20 for only one month I would consider it worthwhile. I think there is a demo version that you can play with for a week to decide if you like it but like I said, very useful to me.

Josh
    Bad news for us though, this obviously won't work on ours. The 2 way (nextel type of paging)
    Treo 600
    I'm not ecstatic about Sprint SMS. If it's included in Vision, great. If it's not, and shortmail still works, PDAApps gets my money... again.
    Treo600SMS runs through vision.

I assume Sprint SMS wont since right now if you send an SMS with Sprint SMS, it says SENDING MESSAGE and returns with a message that it isnt available yet... but it does NOT activate vision.

I think this will be more reliable...

PDA Apps is fine for now, but there are many times there are delays (sometimes of DAYS) senduntil the person receives the SMS>. and this is someone who ALSO uses SPrint.

I think Sporint SMS will be quicker and stable.. but I guess we will have to see.... Treo600SMS is it for now!

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Treo600SMS runs through vision.

I assume Sprint SMS wont since right now if you send an SMS with Sprint SMS, it says SENDING MESSAGE and returns with a message that it isnt available yet... but it does NOT activate vision.

I think this will be more reliable...

PDA Apps is fine for now, but there are many times there are delays (sometimes of DAYS) senduntil the person receives the SMS>. and this is someone who ALSO uses SPrint.

I think Sporint SMS will be quicker and stable.. but I guess we will have to see.... Treo600SMS is it for now!

Mike
    I haven't had a delay thru using Sprint SMS....if there's such a huge delay using TreoSMS then I may not even try it. From what I've heard you go thru their proxy then Sprint's proxy or something?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    i can't find the treo600 SMS app anywhere (palmgear or google) - anyone have a link to it? thanks!!!
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    i can't find the treo600 SMS app anywhere (palmgear or google) - anyone have a link to it? thanks!!!
    http://www.treocentral.com
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I have never had a delay at all.. Not once.. Not sure what would be causing it.

Josh
    Assuming Sprint SMS was available (which it will be soon), why would I pay for Treo600SMS software through PDAapps. Is there anything different about Treo600SMS regarding usability/features that makes it worth $20. Again, this again assumes that Sprint is coming online very shortly and I am willing to wait it out.
    I'm under the impression that nothing Sprint implements is ever done on time. With that notion in mind, your guess is as good as mine on when it will be done. With not knowing when it will be implemented I figured $20 was worth the conveinance.

Of course, with everything, your perception is what counts.

Josh
    Originally posted by petesamprs
    Assuming Sprint SMS was available (which it will be soon), why would I pay for Treo600SMS software through PDAapps. Is there anything different about Treo600SMS regarding usability/features that makes it worth $20. Again, this again assumes that Sprint is coming online very shortly and I am willing to wait it out.
    because likely there will be an 'add on' charge for sms like everything else they have... and the magic # that sprint likes is $5/month. so $20 one time would be a better deal. BUT we may get lucky and have sms free.