1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from my Data Link with my Visor Prism to the Treo 600. I have a few questions about Mail.

1. What happened to being able to synch your outlook mail on to your palm? There is not even an Icon for it anymore. If you push the mail button, all you get is the SMS mail.

2. Our office uses an exchange server for outlook mail and does not allow for Pop3. We also us Citrix to access the network. The Blazer browser doesn't let me get to our web based mail because it needs authentication which evidently the Blazer doesn't support. I can't use our Citrix, even though I can get in, I don't have outlook on the Treo so I can't open outlook through Citrix.

Right now my only hope is when Goodlink becomes compatable with Pocket PC as well as Palm and Blackberry. At that time my office may consider a dedicated server. As it stands they don't want to try to support three different OS types.

Any ideas for at least accessing my office e-mail? A different browser? or Mail program?
    Last edited by caneguy; 10/20/2003 at 06:34 PM.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    "1. What happened to being able to synch your outlook mail on to your palm? There is not even an Icon for it anymore. If you push the mail button, all you get is the SMS mail."

This is no longer an included feature. It is a throwback to prewireless devices. If you still want that feature get either Eudora Mail (free) or Palm VersaMail. Also Sprint Business Connection seems to support this too but I don't use it so I cannot comment.

"2. Our office uses an exchange server for outlook mail and does not allow for Pop3. We also us Citrix to access the network. The Blazer browser doesn't let me get to our web based mail because it needs authentication which evidently the Blazer doesn't support. I can't use our Citrix, even though I can get in, I don't have outlook on the Treo so I can't open outlook through Citrix."

OWA works very poorly in Blazer but there is software that enhances web access to Outlook. You have to place the enhancer on the Exchange server. Search for OWA and you will see it.

Your best bet is to pay a little money for something like Visto MessageXpress. This will run a desktop redirector of your Exchange account out thru the firewall thru port 443 (SSL). You may have restrictions on this kind of activity on Citrix though. Do you work in a call center?
  3.    #3  
    Here is what I did.

I set up my Outlook under "rules" to automatically forward all email to my earthlink account. I downloaded Snapper Mail and I have it picking up my email.

It works great for now. Although I can't synch already read email, at least I can read and see it when it comes and I'm out of the office.

No, I don't work for a call center, I work for a large professional firm that has a tech department with good firewalls and security. I"m hoping goodlink will solve all eventually.
    GO MARLINS!!!!