1.    #1  
    I've had problems installing Producer 2 (Trial) on my PC. The free Player 2 installed fine, and I downloaded a couple of their sample video files, and they played fine. When I installed Producer 2, it installs, then when I try to open it, it tells me I need to update my Quick Time and install the Authoring Component. I don't know what it is, as I've run my QT updater. Also, it screws up my Windows Media Player as far as recieving streaming media.... I reinstalled WMP, and got streaming back. But has anyone had problems with Kinoma Producer 2? I'm trying the 2-day trial.... willing to buy. Any help on this, or any other suggestions on a video player for MPG AVI MPEG and other video types? The free PTunes download from Handspring works great for MP3's. Any help on video files? Thanks. Jim
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I have had the exact same problem. Can anyone help?
    Interesting... I bought Kinoma last week and had fun making some videos. This weekend i tried to play a dvd using windvd and it gives me an error about unable to create layers etc. I didn't have time to troubleshoot but I wonder if Kinoma jacked my video settings on my otherwise solid thinkpad. sigh.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I went and downloaded QuickTime again. That seemed to solve my issues with Kinoma.

Kinoma Producer does not seem to open my DivX movies. That's a real shame.

Also, not I have some evil QuickTime installed. It keeps asking me to buy now or buy later. How about NEVER?