1.    #1  
    Playing MP3s with Pocket Tunes on the T600 is awesome! Makes it worth the upgrade. I've been sitting here listening to mp3's on it for about 30 mins now and the battery life still holds nearly full from a fresh charge. Just wondering how everyone else's battery life experiences are while using it as an mp3 player.

Also, I haven't found a headset yet, but the speakers sound surprisingly good (not exactly THX!!!) for a handset speaker.
    Any old headphones will work, you just need the $5.99 adapter.

Battery life seems to drop about 1% per seven to ten minutes for me, with the phone on, Vision off, screen set to turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity.
    Well I just used my T600 to listen to 4.5 hours of Harry Potter book 4 driving down from Houston to Corpus today. Ran the battery down by 50% including use of the phone and biz connect since early this morning. Phone is recharging off my laptop as I type this.

James
    I am very impressed with the battery life of the Treo600 while playing mp3s. I get easily 4 times the life that I got with my Palm TT. I only wish the screen would turn off while playing mp3s and not using any other applications.
    Originally posted by jcthorne
    Well I just used my T600 to listen to 4.5 hours of Harry Potter book 4 driving down from Houston to Corpus today. Ran the battery down by 50% including use of the phone and biz connect since early this morning. Phone is recharging off my laptop as I type this.

James
    I listened to 4 complete CD worth of MP3's on mine, along with one incoming call (2 minutes). Battery was at 65% when I ran out of MP3's
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    This is good news.

Sure are a lot of Texas boys in the house!
    I only wish the screen would turn off while playing mp3s and not using any other applications.
    If you are using Pocket Tunes, you can set this as an option.
    Battery life: 93 percent after 1 hr of MP3 use, and some browsing.

rc46,

I believe there is an option to not have PTunes turn off the screen in other apps.
    averaged about 10 minutes per 1%, with about 10-15 minutes of playing with a low power application. do the math and that's like 15-16 hours of mp3 playing alone!
    btw, the mp3 plays great! no problem with the volume, that's for sure. and the quality is really good, too.
    Originally posted by rc46
    I only wish the screen would turn off while playing mp3s and not using any other applications.
    Very simple to do...

1. Open pTunes
    2. Hit the "Menu" key and then "R" (General Preferences)
    3. Check "Turn off screen while playing
    4. Choose between 10/30/60 seconds (I use 10 myself)
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org