1.    #1  
    I have 6.0 on the treo and desktip. I can view documents without a problem. When I select Inbox from either the treo or the web i get the following message.

"This service is disabled. Please contact your enterprise administrator"

I had sprint on the phone for 2 hours and they say it is in my lotus notes setup - My IT department is unwilling to help - Does anyone know what I can?

Thanks
    Just so ya know... I am having the same problem with R6. It worked yesterday and then this AM it has the same message you are reporting... at least ya got company.
    First thing I would recommend doing, especially for those using Notes 6 or 6.5 is to make sure your Notes directory (usually c:\lotus\notes) is in the system path. This will ensure that BizCon can find your Notes.INI file.

That would probably be enough to get the R5 client working. You might have to do some very minimal registry hacking to get R6 to work as it's technically not supported and probably does not look for the appropriate keys.

If you need a hand (as I have 6.5 running right now), PM or email me...
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Everything seems to be working fine with my R5 client and BC. The only problem I'm having is people complain about the "Sprint PCS" signature on the bottom. The signature is not the problem, it seems to be formatted wrong on the desktop client.

Anyone else noticed this? The signature runs together with the message even if I add a carriage return at the end.
    <a href="http://www.nicaddress.com">www.NicAddress.com</a> - Quality PHP, MySQL Web Hosting, Affordable domains too.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help...... I am not sure how to make sure it is in the path.... It just keeps saying "invalid password"

I checked to make sure the notes.ini file is in the c:\lotus\notes directory and it is.....

What else can I do... I have no idea how to look at the registry.

Thanks for all your help
    Here is how you modify the system path on a Windows 2000 or XP machine. You must have administrator rights on the computer to do this.

1. You must have “administrative rights” to your workstation in order to make this change.
    2. Right-click on “My Computer” and select “Properties”
    3. The “System Properties” window will appear. Click on the “Advanced” tab
    4. Click the “Environmental Variables” button. It’s in the middle of the window
    5. Go to the “System Variables” section at the bottom of the window. Look for the entry called “Path” and double-click on it.
    6. Go to the end of the “Variable value” line. Type a semi-colon and then “c:\lotus\notes”
    7. Click “OK” on each of the windows until they're all gone.

Having done this, if you are running Notes 6 or 6.5 we will have to modify the registry.

WARNING: Modifying the registry can seriously affect the stability of your machine and should be approached with great caution if you are not familiar with the inner-workings of a Windows PC.

That being said, in a corporate environment, it would probably be best to ask one of your technical support people to make this modification.

1. Run Regedit (or regedit32)
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lotus\Notes. You will see a Key called "6.0" with a series of string values and a single "DWORD" value
    3. Create a new key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lotus\Notes\5.0
    4. Complete replicas of those string and DWORD values under the 5.0 key. Make sure you use the exact same Names and values.
    5. Close Regedit.

Once you have made one or both of these changes you can then go through the BizCon desktop setup.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    richarda & miketinsfo:

Did Gregg's info solve the issue? If not -- I got R5 to work fine, so a couple of questions:

1. You did upgrade the BizConn desktop software, correct? (sounds like it, just confirming...)
    2. When you open the BizConn agent (the little green guy that stays lit green in your desktop tray, until you pop it open), and you go to Tools/Settings/Messaging tab -- is the top check-box still checked? If for some reason this got un-checked during the upgrade, that might explain why you can see documents but not email etc.

Let us know if this or Gregg's suggestions help....
  8.    #8  
    OK - I went to my computer and added the lotus notes directory as described by Gregg... Thewindow came up with the heading path and I added it to the end of that string... Do i have to do all of them or just the ones labeled path. when I double click on it only 1 window came up but I have more than just that one labeled path.....

I do have Biz COnnect 6.0 and everything is fine except it says my domino password is not correct everytime I try enable domino as the email client.

I am using R5 not 6 so do I still need to do the regedit function?

I am so aggravated - I appreciate all of your help with this!

Thanks
    Richard-

Only add "c:\lotus\notes" to the end of PATH.

Since you are using Notes R5 you should not make any registry changes. You already have the necessary entries.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
  10.    #10  
    Gregg,

Thanks - I did that and hen I go to the messaging tab and click domino and enter the password it still says domina password invalid?

How can I get it to accept the password I enter. When I go on the web to gain access it says under inbox "this service has been disabled. Contact your enterprise administrator"...

Is there something from a corporate perspective they are blocking. Thanks
    Frankly, Richard, I'm not sure. what the issue is at this point not having dealt with the "corporate" edition, but I suspect it's merely because you're logging in without getting the software on your PC configured.

Now that you made the PATH change listed above, I strongly recommend that you uninstall the BizCon software (from the Add/Remove Programs control panel) and then re-install it. Also, make sure that you have your Notes client running when you do.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Richarda - Can you confirm what Notesguy was looking for which was...

1. You did upgrade the BizConn desktop software, correct? (sounds like it, just confirming...) As opposed to a brand new installation this could be helpful to know.

2. When you open the BizConn agent (the little green guy that stays lit green in your desktop tray, until you pop it open), and you go to Tools/Settings/Messaging tab -- is the top check-box still checked? If for some reason this got un-checked during the upgrade, that might explain why you can see documents but not email etc.

Just a couple of things to check so we can help diagnose and compare setups.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nicaddress
    Everything seems to be working fine with my R5 client and BC. The only problem I'm having is people complain about the "Sprint PCS" signature on the bottom. The signature is not the problem, it seems to be formatted wrong on the desktop client.

Anyone else noticed this? The signature runs together with the message even if I add a carriage return at the end.
    PMFJI but since you say you have Notes and BC working...

I CANNOT send e-mail from my Handset (Treo 300) through my Domino server. Whether I use the BC app or the web interface through the Vision homepage all e-mails send from my PDA hang with an eventual DELIVER FAILURE notice from the Mail Router.

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to CR and LFs: i.e. if I DON'T enter a CR/LF the e-mail goes through. If there is a CR/LF in the message it appears as a vertical bar when viewed through Notes and it will NOT be sent by the Desktop Client. Note that I CAN send all e-mails through BizConn if I use an alternate Account; e.g. SprintPCS.

Are you successfully sending multi-line E-mails from your handset through your Domino server with the Client software (i.e. not POP)? If YOU are then it must be my handset or my Domino setup.

Note that everything was fine with Version 5; as soon as I upgraded I got this garbage (literally and figuratively).

I've already spent several hours over three days with a Sprint tech trying to solve this but we couldn't.

Thanks in advance for any info.

=NLK=