Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone heard anything new as to when we might see this app from PDAApps?
    Carl
    Got an email last night sayng that they are working on it.
  3.    #3  
    Just received an email fromPDAApps. They hope to be sending me a beta application by the end of the weekend, and if nothing turns up, a general release of the Alert Manager will be next week.
    Carl
    AHHHH YES.......the perfect "TREO"

1. Verichat 2. Treo600SMS 3. ALert Manager

All from www.pdaapps.com

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  5.    #5  
    I have just received a beta of this app from PDAApps and will be testing it out today. I will post more info later. PDAApps has indicated if the beta does not uncover any issues, general availability will be later this week. I guess at least one bug has already been discovered and corrected as I received 2 updates.
    Carl
  6.    #6  
    I had some trouble installing this. I had an old version of Treo300 alert manager and my hot sync failed. So I tried to delete the old version, but no matter what I tried I could not delete the old version of the software (it was disabled). I tried to do a soft reset, but still could not delete the old app. I finally had to delete the Treo Alert Manager out of my backup folder on my laptop and then do a hard reset and resync everything. (obviously that worked). When I installed the T600 version after the hard reset and restore, my Treo did a soft reset. But a subsequent hot sync worked fine and now the application seems to work fine. The interface is the same as the T300 program and it traps monitors for, text messages (pages), missed calls and voice mails.

I also like that your "nag" tone can be different from your voice mail or text message tone. I use "triange" for a voice mail tone and "treo classic" for my text message/page tone, but for the nag I perfer just a simple alart sound.

Way to go PDAApps!
    Carl
    You have to disable TreoAlertMgr before you can uninstall it. I disabled the old one and deleted it without any problems. Then in stalled the new one without any problems.

Larry
    I got my "prc" file for it in email this morning. I am still wondering why my Treo 600 won't install wireliessly through Blazer when I access my email.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    So what gives everyone? Is it working? I really need this. Also, can one of you post the beta version here if you are allowed?
  10.    #10  
    So far 3 days and it is working fine. PDAApps has asked us to report problems. Besides the problems I had installing, it is working great! We can not post the beta here. I suspect GA will be very soon. I am sure PDAApps is watching the board to see if there are any problems.
    Carl
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I received a beta version of Treo Alert Manager (TAM) last night and here are my results so far:

Test Scenario 1: Call phone and let it go to voice mail. TAM worked well and "nagged me" until I hit the OK button. This was on vibrate and worked also on sound mode.

Test Scenario 2: Call phone and leave no message. TAM worked fine again. Nagged me right away both in vibrate and in sound.

The only issue I have found so far is that once TAM starts naggin you and you ignore it and the screen eventually turns off on its own (from your prefs display menu setting) TAM keeps buggin you via a noise or vibrate (if switch is on silent) but it does not make the screen light up again.

Maybe a minor bug or was it designed this way to save battery life?
    I got the beta yesterday, I think. It's version 2.02. I can't seem to get the thing to give me any alerts. It appears to be enabled (did a soft reset and everything), but I don't get alerts for any phone calls or text messages. Nothing. Any clues?
    arh1000, did you test with Calendar Alerts? I need it to bug me if a calendar alarm went off while I was out of the room. OS5's calendar does some of that, but I prefer Alert Manager's settings...
    like others received 2.02 . it does not work,
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by wilme2
    arh1000, did you test with Calendar Alerts? I need it to bug me if a calendar alarm went off while I was out of the room. OS5's calendar does some of that, but I prefer Alert Manager's settings...
    I beleive the Treo has built in support for calendar alerts.
    Carl
  16.    #16  
    My 2.10 beta has expired. I did not receive the 2.02 beta. I sure would like to have an extension until the GA comes out.
    Carl
    Ask them for 2.03 which is the GA I think. It fixes the 2.02 badness according to an email this morning from PDA Apps support.
    AlertMgr for T600 is available now, I haven't been able to install it as yet and have emailed PDAAAPPS

We'll see
    I just installed it, but it does NOT seem to work...

It loads up OK, and looks like it will work, but the alerts do not happen...
    OK, I take that back- The alerts seem to fire only after some period of inactivity on the phone- Meaning if you leave it at the default 50 seconds between reminder alerts, it will not play these until after a few minutes- THEN it will start at 50 second intervals. It seems to be to be about the time the screen powers off (via AUTO-OFF, which I have set at three minutes...)

I don't remember this delay on the Treo 300, but I would not swear it did not have the same issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast