1.    #1  
    I'm looking at purchasing an SD card for my Treo 600. Can anybody tell me which kind would be the best and where I can purchase one?
    You can find it at just about any major electronics store, or even online. Go to your favorite price check site and take a look around. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with SD cards in Treos, unlike some other handhelds. So storage capacity and speed are the critical factors, and not the manufacturer.
    dear skfny, sorry to digress, but i see u r from flushing. I lived at 71st ave & 162nd for 38 years. In the process of sell the house lived there from when I was 6 months old until day after 18th b'day, small world! take care jay
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have a Dane-Electric card that I picked up from Newegg.com. $45 bux. w/ 4 bucks for shipping.
    I bought a 256 MB Lexar SD card on ebay for $59.95 plus $5 shipping. It arrived in 2 days. I didn't buy a ScanDisk card because I've read on this board and others that some people are having problems with them. I'm happy with my purchase.
    I purchased a SanDisk 512MB card on ebay for $160 shipped. I have had no problems whatsoever with it. I would suggest getting an SD card reader/writer to go along with it.
    ilovedessert, small world indeed. As for card readers, try eBay. I got a highly recommended 4-in-1 USB 2.0 for <$15.
    If money is not a big issue.....get the 1 gig SD card....never worry about space!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  9. jrv
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    If money is not a big issue.....get the 1 gig SD card....never worry about space!!

IGo
    Are any 1GB SD cards shipping yet? I thought 512 MB was the max you could get today.
    Go get them boyzzz... Lowest price i've seen thus far

Amazon $59.84 Sandisk 256mb SD card

Free Super Saver shipping, no tax.

P.S. Let's not start replies about how Sandisk sux, etc... We all know that it's YMMV. Many, present company included, haven't had any problem with Sandisk.
    Sandisk works fine. It's sort of an urban legend that there are "problems" with Sandisk. One batch of cards about a year ago had a hardware problem. Sandisk cards overall work the same as any other card of similar specs.

For picking a card, there are three considerations:

- how much storage do I need/want?
    - is IO speed crucial?
    - how much can I/do I want to spend?

Most times, Sandisk will be the cheapest card available of a certain size. If you need higher IO (which most PDA users don't), I'd recommend getting whatever major manufacturer card is cheapest, which will most often mean Sandisk. I have owned four or five Sandisk cards of various sizes and formats, which I have used in various devices. Currently using a 512 SD card in my Treo and a 1 GB CF card in my camera.

If high IO speeds are important (which they may be in cameras due to frequent need to write large files), Lexar tends to have the best pricepoints.

Please note, a fast disk IO will not matter a lick for syncing. The bottleneck with syncing is USB 1.1, or the sync process itself.
    I bought a 256 Mb Sandisk Cruzer. It doubles as a USB memory stick so that I can use it for work purposes as well (read: so that I can expense it).
    Originally posted by Mol
    I bought a 256 Mb Sandisk Cruzer. It doubles as a USB memory stick so that I can use it for work purposes as well (read: so that I can expense it).
    Yeah I bought that as well, for $64 from buy.com (they had it on sale at the time). I use the cruzer at work... it's really convenient. Think of it like a mini cardreader (it even came with a little case that can clip onto things). It's great.

Now if only it was USB 2.0
    I found this 256MB at J&R for $54.88. Any opinions on the card?

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...uct_Id=3697438