Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BP57 - Here's a list of docs I know it supports from the device.

Word (.doc)
    Excel (.xls)
    PowerPoint (.ppt)
    Plain Text (.txt)
    Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
    Rich Text Format documents (.rtf)

I don't think it supports the image file types as it is giving you a message to tell you this. I've seen carious reports of PDF problems but I took 5 random ones and sent them to myself and on the 600 they all came up on my device so your mileage may vary.
    I am unable to open any type of attachment on my Treo 300 using the new version of business connection. I have installed the file attachment viewer software. I am able to click on attachments and get the message that 10 k of the file will be downloaded but after a few seconds get the error "That service is disabled. Please re-enable it and try again." I've tried resetting the Treo and resetting the mailbox. I have no problem opening attachments on my desktop from the bc.sprintpcs.com website.

Any suggestions?
    lurie - This error typically means that either you do not have the FileView program installed or you have run into the bug that was solved in one of my other posts. Here are some steps to diagnose:

1. See the 4th post in this thread. Install the Fileview program
    2. Stop and start the Business Connection and you can try an email with an attachment again. If the same results then see the following post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=fileview.html

See the steps in my last post to that thread. This has solved most people's attachment viewing problems.
    Just a note here as there were previous inquiries about blank PDF documents. If that PDF is an image then BC will not be able to convert it into text. This includes scanned documents. I had a helpful TreoCentral person email me a document which turned out to be a scanned image. Since there is no text in the document that can be extracted that is why these turn up as blanks when transformed and sent to the device. Original text documents that have been turned into PDF's, like a Word document that has gone through Distiller, should work fine however.
    Copying the sevenutil.dll file to the fileview directory made it work!
    Thanks MobilGhost!
    I want downloaded excel quickview so i can view excel docs. Now when i'm gettin email i want to be able to view the attachemtns, but it continues to convert to text. How can i get it to dl the file so i can view in quickview

ryan
    mrcmb - BC does not support external attachment viewers in this release. It converts the documents on the desktop and delivers the converted text to the device.
    MobileGhost, you mentioned that you have not yet found a way to view scanned pdf files through BC (10/03 thread). Have you found a way to view scanned pdf files since then?
    Originally posted by MobileGhost
    BP57 - Here's a list of docs I know it supports from the device.

Word (.doc)
    Excel (.xls)
    PowerPoint (.ppt)
    Plain Text (.txt)
    Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
    Rich Text Format documents (.rtf)

I don't think it supports the image file types as it is giving you a message to tell you this. I've seen carious reports of PDF problems but I took 5 random ones and sent them to myself and on the 600 they all came up on my device so your mileage may vary.
    An excel file coming through as text is not really useful. Isn't there any way to see it in spreadsheet format? It kind of defeats the purpose of being able to see the files on your hard drive with BC.
    jachang - There is no way to see those documents until native file viewing is supported.
    I figured out a way to see the excel documents in native format. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, because it's a little tedious, but sure works for a file you just gotta have. I go to my folder for the documents and instead of hitting "view" I hit "email", then e-mail the file to myself at my yahoo address. The email is forwarded to my Treo, then I just download the attachment and open it in "Inbox to Go" by DataViz. It works perfectly, and I can edit the file or whatever. Although there are more steps to get it than I'd like, at least I can get the file. Hopefully, PCS will come out with a version of "Inbox to Go" too!
    Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12